Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Show with Niall Boylan 4fm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

but of course tonight they will bang on about jimmy saville and his roving hands once more with some element of racism,welfare bashing and lunacy thrown in for good measure..

lets just say the show is very hit and miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

Yeah, the Jimmy Saville and are people jumping on the bandwagon topic is becoming pretty tiring now alright. Out of all the topics they could cover when it comes to the news of the day etc I'm not to sure why they keep bringing up that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭familystand

Last nights show was quite good ,it varied from jimmy savile to a female guest in studio saying she thought all men enjoyed anal sex ,they then gave away dinner for 2 to a texter who didnt have the right answer to a question, its the kind of show that some people on it make your blood boil and others make you cry laughing, its realy refreshing talk radio thats a long overdue alternative to the likes of joe duffy and neil prendeville where its all pc humdrum stuff and all about the presenters ego and opinions.
    Niall boylan seems quite mad and his team have a great sense of fun about the whole thing, well worth checking out for a few hours of madness monday to thursday , sunday is mostly talking to journalists and friday is a highlights recording

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭seanhalpin

Suzie4 wrote: »

No, that's just retarded.

The show is funny enough in itself not to need to do this type of stupid editing or whatever. Get a life.

seanhalpin wrote: »
    No, that's just retarded.

The show is funny enough in itself not to need to do this type of stupid editing or whatever. Get a life.

mmmm...whats the problem sean?

you joined a few days ago...and start insulting people for no reason...

tut tut tut ..

do you work for the show?

seeems theres a halloween spcial tonight...for the easily led people im thinking..

why radio shows do this every year is beyond me..

utter tripe with supposed ghosts and fortune tellers..

ooooooooooooooh.....oooooooooooh....scareeeeeey :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

seeems theres a halloween spcial tonight...for the easily led people im thinking..

why radio shows do this every year is beyond me..

utter tripe with supposed ghosts and fortune tellers..

ooooooooooooooh.....oooooooooooh....scareeeeeey :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You know what this calls for? GHOSHTS!

2720522437_5354e62618.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

I think the show has picked up a fair bit since Mike Hogan came in as producer, Mike seems to have a knack of making radio shows work, I dont claim to be a regular listener, I only really listen on the way home from work if im working late or after a shower at night but the only problem I can hear is they repeat the same topics very regularly, seems to be one about Immigrants on a regular basis and then how someone is claiming X amount of some scheme and what should we do with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Proview

I just heard the halloween show on their podcast and i dont believe in all the ghost tripe but it scared the **** out of me.......

It was so cool that they were in Cork but i was recorded last week but still it was in cork and so was the show...... They really know how to entertain the listeners.... you just never know whats gonna happen next.....

Listening tonight in work and Niall was telling some girl how to find her g-spot and he wasnt a bit embarressed and it was just mad radio ..............They just talk about anything and get away with it..........

love it love it

• Advertisement

Niall telling lads how to find the g-spot straight after some lad was on about why Argos wouldn't exchange his ironing board or table iron as he called it was funny stuff alright.

I agree with you as well soc160, Mike does seem to be able make that show tick by cleverly choosing what texts to answer and callers to put through to Niall etc ie. the ones he knows will cause a stir!

The row between Paul The Trucker and John last week over tattoo's was brilliant, I think they spoke about tattoo's for the whole of 2 seconds before they started firing a tirade of personal insults at one another which lasted a good 15 mins. Great radio!

TBP wrote: »
    Niall telling lads how to find the g-spot straight after some lad was on about why Argos wouldn't exchange his ironing board or table iron as he called it was funny stuff alright.

I agree with you as well soc160, Mike does seem to be able make that show tick by cleverly choosing what texts to answer and callers to put through to Niall etc ie. the ones he knows will cause a stir!

The row between Paul The Trucker and John last week over tattoo's was brilliant, I think they spoke about tattoo's for the whole of 2 seconds before they started firing a tirade of personal insults at one another which lasted a good 15 mins. Great radio!

Ah hello mike...pleased to meet you..seemingly you are a fantastic producer..

absolutely fantastic..

fantastic..

really..

fantastic.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

mmmm...whats the problem sean?

you joined a few days ago...and start insulting people for no reason...

tut tut tut ..

do you work for the show?
    Ah hello mike...pleased to meet you..seemingly you are a fantastic producer..

absolutely fantastic..

fantastic..

really..

fantastic.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Are you going to continue this sh!t of assuming everyone that has a positive thing to say about the show or someone on it is actually involved on the show?

Why do you listen to the flippin' thing if you have some sort of a gripe with it? As they say on the intro ''you know where the off button is''.

Shove them childish roll eye smileys up your hole too!

Are you going to continue this sh!t of assuming everyone that has a positive thing to say about the show or someone on it is actually involved on the show?

Why do you listen to the flippin' thing if you have some sort of a gripe with it? As they say on the intro ''you know where the off button is''.

Shove them childish roll eye smileys up your hole too!

Calm down mike...you need to be able to be calm as a producer..to take the slings and arrows..very unprofessional all this really now isnt..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

i dont have any gripe with the show mike...i posted on here what i thought was funny...
    you and your mates with their detailed knowledge of the shows production staff and their fantastic skills makes my skin go cold..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Mod Note: Ladies and Gentlemen, keep on topic and quit the arguing. Otherwise I'll delete posts and hand out warnings.

• Advertisement

Calm down mike...you need to be able to be calm as a producer..to take the slings and arrows..very unprofessional all this really now isnt..:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    i dont have any gripe with the show mike...i posted on here what i thought was funny...
    you and your mates with their detailed knowledge of the shows production staff and their fantastic skills makes my skin go cold..

So you are going to continue with it, fair enough.... bang away.

In the meantime I'll stick to the topic of the thread which is the actual the show.

Heard them say thanks to all the listeners the other night and saying that they had gained listeners all over the country.........i can tell you everyone of my mates listen in cork...... Think there main competition is losing listeners from what i could read from what they were saying:D:D:D

There is a great mix of serious and fun stuff on the show so you don't get bored and some of the regular characters on the show really make it.

Love it love it so lets get back to talking about it.........:):)

this is funny for the wrong reasons.

hopefully there arent that many of these parents floating about.

Looking like it could get heated enough tonight, at least the last time a topic similar enough was covered it did. Niall will no doubt play his favorite song too 'God save the queen' a few times to rile up a few!

From the facebook page...

TD Frank Feighan will be the first Irish politician to wear a poppy in the Dáil to commemorate the British soldiers who died in the world wars. He says that we all should grow up and commemorate the Irish who fought for the British army. Do you agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 salmonshirt

Came accross this show a couple of months ago. Used to listen to Adrian Kennedy but it got boring. Some of the lunatics they have on is unreal. Very entertaining stuff. Good to hear people other then Dublin skangs on it.

• Advertisement

Came accross this show a couple of months ago. Used to listen to Adrian Kennedy but it got boring. Some of the lunatics they have on is unreal. Very entertaining stuff. Good to hear people other then Dublin skangs on it.

emm.....is it better to hear culchie skangs than dublin skangs?

your right i suppose it is..

but as far as i can see its the cork mad bangers that seem to be not taking the right meds..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

The guy Alan trolling everyone last night was brilliant!!!

Temaz wrote: »

Suprised that dublin dole clearing upperclass snob gets airtime as all he does drive people mad. He gets threatened everytime he's on the show......

I never heard anything like that show on radio before......

"unaborted crescent" was one of the animals descriptions of a lower class housing estate ..im thinking he had better watch himself in the future..
    the "unaborted" as he called them will have him hanging from a gate post soon..

dangerous stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

So then...am i the only one who thinks 'john' 'alan' and 'katie' & co are complete plants?
    I know someone who works in radio and plants on talk shows are not uncommon at all, esp those with massively inflammed opinions.
    I generally hear niall boylans show for an hour or two every night, the more i hear, the more convinced i am about the plants.

barryd09 wrote: »
    So then...am i the only one who thinks 'john' 'alan' and 'katie' & co are complete plants?
    I know someone who works in radio and plants on talk shows are not uncommon at all, esp those with massively inflammed opinions.
    I generally hear niall boylans show for an hour or two every night, the more i hear, the more convinced i am about the plants.

bow down to your superiors ,you have been led a very merry dance..
    ..its the illuminati..pulling the strings..;);)

p.s surely they would get better actors than "john" the repeating goldfish, and "alan" the self proclaimed dole expert?

bow down to your superiors ,you have been led a very merry dance..
    ..its the illuminati..pulling the strings..;);)

p.s surely they would get better actors than "john" the repeating goldfish, and "alan" the self proclaimed dole expert?

Really not sure what youre on about tbh but i know my own views on this and i have been told by a former presenter & producer (not 4fm either btw) that plants are used widely & regulary.
    If 'john' 'katie' & 'alan' are NOT plants then im pretty sorry for the human race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Without doubt they are plants, there was a late night talk show here in Cork before and you could always rely on the same few callers ringing in and winding everyone up.

It's dame good fun listening to the furious callers who ring in to berate them!!

Really not sure what youre on about tbh but i know my own views on this and i have been told by a former presenter & producer (not 4fm either btw) that plants are used widely & regulary.
    If 'john' 'katie' & 'alan' are NOT plants then im pretty sorry for the human race.

Why ,just because you dont agree with them ,you feel sorry for the human race?
    The world needs more people with strong opinions..it saves us all from the turgid drip feed of mediocore balderdash that is modern life.

But then again ,im thinking youre happy with beige.

Without doubt they are plants, there was a late night talk show here in Cork before and you could always rely on the same few callers ringing in and winding everyone up.

It's dame good fun listening to the furious callers who ring in to berate them!!

If a radio show knows a persons strongly held opinion and has that person on the show,how is that a plant?
    A plant is an actor ,a person pretending to have an opinion to get others to react..These maniacs arent smart enough to be actors. They believe all their own bull.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Nah, they're not plants, they're regulars. Niall has loads of 'em.

One of the Cork guys even ended up on Liveline one day!

Well, ya. Regular plants.

Agree, regulars with opinions that go against the grain on certain issues is all they are I'd say.

Which of them made it on to Liveline?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

LOL, no-if that's what I meant, it's what I would have said.
    Agree, regulars with opinions that go against the grain on certain issues is all they are I'd say.

Which of them made it on to Liveline?!

The older chap with the heavy Cork accent, is it John? I'm not 100% on the name, sorry-but I know I've heard him on with Duffy, and more than once too, if I'm right.

The older chap with the heavy Cork accent, is it John? I'm not 100% on the name, sorry-but I know I've heard him on with Duffy, and more than once too, if I'm right.

I'm not to sure if it's John or Joe but know the lad you're on about alright.

Joan is on now giving out about Love/Hate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭ofcork

I mentioned that guy john before,he has been on every radio talk show id say although he comes across as being an intelligent guy.

ofcork wrote: »
    I mentioned that guy john before,he has been on every radio talk show id say although he comes across as being an intelligent guy.

"john" if we are talking about the same "john" aka as " fintan" or "quintan" and the rest of the names he calls himself is a freak..plain and simple..the other maniac "alan" tore him a new one later on about some breast feeding doll for kids..

"john" thought it would help prevent underage pregnancy..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

frog licking madness thats all..

please explain to us all...as we are all interested in radio..what exactly is your problem?

I don't think they are like actors.... I just think mike the producer knows they will stir it up because they are idiots with mad opinions and that's why they get on .... After all as much as I think they have plenty of listeners judging by the amount of texts they read out and the fact they don't read them all cause I sent some in and they don't read them all,,, I think that not many people would have the balls to ring and go on the air.......

I have never heard a show as mad with the outrageous opinions before but hey that's the Irish for ya ........

Wahooo

• Advertisement

at least we have some pepole on here who seem to know what theyre talking about ..

im all up for caller bashing ....if its funny..

of course it helps when they turn cannibal..

fight!fight!fight!

Funny show last night. Christine the girl from Estonia fairly put a few of them in their place, she had John's argument shot down after around 2 mins of her coming on air and we didn't hear a word from him after and she made bits of Katie which wouldn't be that hard to be fair. Entertaining radio none the less!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Funny show last night. Christine the girl from Estonia fairly put a few of them in their place, she had John's argument shot down after around 2 mins of her coming on air and we didn't hear a word from him after and she made bits of Katie which wouldn't be that hard to be fair. Entertaining radio none the less!
    I must have a listen to that TBP, is it the abortion podcast here? http://classichits.ie/listen/podcasts/

miketv wrote: »
    I must have a listen to that TBP, is it the abortion podcast here? http://classichits.ie/listen/podcasts/

No not that, it was about an email a woman sent it in relation to two lads getting suspended from her work after she made a complaint to her boss about over hearing them rating other woman in the office and basically saying what they'd like to do to them (in a sexual sense!) etc... anyways as a result of the two lads getting suspended hardly anyone in her work place speaks to her anymore. Of coarse it took about a whole of two minutes before the topic was completely derailed as per normal, Katie, John and a girl from Estonia were the main participants and it was funny enough!

It'll probably be early next week before they have it us as a podcast, if you get a chance it'll be well worth a listen.

didnt hear it the last couple of nights...

but if anyone has any clips of the "john" arguing that a breast feeding doll for 5 yrolds will prevent future teenage pregnency ..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: and how he talks to 5 yr olds about sex etc..

much appreciated..

ahh they put it up on one of their podcast..12/11/12 ..

have a listen to this john maniac...funny funny stuff.

again for all the wrong reasons.

• Advertisement

"unaborted crescent" was one of the animals descriptions of a lower class housing estate ..im thinking he had better watch himself in the future..
    the "unaborted" as he called them will have him hanging from a gate post soon..

dangerous stuff.

for those who didnt believe me..

eventually found that show on the classic hits niall boylan podcasts...8/11/12 is the unaborted crescent catasthroshow....

they should really have a title on the podcasts..
    .anyway..

all lovers of illegal back lane radio...get on there..:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I'm a radio surfer at night and found this chat show by chance. I enjoyed it but like all the other late night talk shows (104 / 98 etc) the presenter was talking too much over the callers.

deelite wrote: »
    I'm a radio surfer at night and found this chat show by chance. I enjoyed it but like all the other late night talk shows (104 / 98 etc) the presenter was talking too much over the callers.

I love the show as do all my friends in cork and ive listened to victor Barry and the rest down here and I only heard 104fm and 98 online a few times but he's not like them. He actually has something to say when he does talk and I hear him say nothing when callers start fighting. He just lets them at it.......

When I heard 104fm the guy there just waffles and talks for the sake of it..........

It's like he just gets the ball rolling and I have heard him lose it and he's very strong opinions but the rest have no opinion............

Most times the show is mad and nonstop and topics I don't hear anywhere else......

Goooooowwwwaaann

Entertaining enough again last night, them two lads (Desi and Tommy I think) that made the tapes of themselves and their other halves at it between the sheets and then putting it up on the internet unknown to their other halves as an act of revenge for a bitter break up were total weirdos!

• Advertisement
Advertisement