Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Show with Niall Boylan 4fm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Suzie4 wrote: »
    poor sap was going to be homeless the last i heard....and taxi drivers were laughing at him on the air...i had a giggle meself but im just wondering how the twat is doing if anyone knows.

Who are you talking about? Who is Alan D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

poor sap was going to be homeless the last i heard....and taxi drivers were laughing at him on the air...i had a giggle meself but im just wondering how the twat is doing if anyone knows.

I have my doubts that Alan was going to be made homeless at all but even if he was I wouldn't worry about him to much if I were you. Niall said live on air that night that they'd help him out.

Also I heard John 'officially retired' as he put it himself last night from ringing the show on what must have been on almost nightly basis.

So we can cross him off the list of nightly callers/trolls to the show now

Katie from Dublin
    Debbie from Dublin
    Alan from Dublin
    John from Limerick
    Joe from Cork
    John from Dublin
    Toby from Galway
    Sean from Cork
    Nigel from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Proview

TBP wrote: »
    I have my doubts that Alan was going to be made homeless at all but even if he was I wouldn't worry about him to much if I were you. Niall said live on air that night that they'd help him out.

Also I heard John 'officially retired' as he put it himself last night from ringing the show on what must have been on almost nightly basis.

Katie from Dublin
    Debbie from Dublin
    Alan from Dublin
    John from Limerick
    Joe from Cork
    John from Dublin
    Toby from Galway
    Sean from Cork
    Nigel from Dublin

Your not listening to same show I listen to. Katie has only been on once since she had the abortion in February....... Who's Toby .... Sean the gay guy from cork is hilarious and is very rarely on the air although they read many of his texts...... John said he was retiring but was never on every night ???..... Nigel is ***** thick and I heard him once last week ...... Joe from limerick is on a lot but he's a clever guy . ..... Alan from Dublin who I miss on the show lately was sick niall said last night and is very rarely on the show. Once in the last month.....Debbie from Dublin , never heard her ?......

All in all considering there would be some 30 or 40 callers on a night ... I detect a bit of an exaggeration in your post. .......

John is hated and so is Alan but you have to admit its people like make the show mental and that's why I listen all the time.

No matter what you say about his show you have to admit as he was saying , they have gone from 0 listeners 2 years ago to almost half way to the number one at night..... Already they are beating all the shows in cork at night... Number 2 in dublin at night I heard .,.. So they are doing something right ,......

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Greyham

Right these two above accounts are definitely just the same person staging a conversation which looks like opposing views.

These two ,who have less than 100 posts each, have an ENCYCLOPEDIC knowledge of a radio show and seem to the the only two regular contributors to the thread.

One of which has posted 90% of his posts about this show, the other about 60%, even in threads about 4fms broadcasting licence AND about how the talk show at night is doing great.

I know it might seem stupid of me to keep pointing it out but jesus lad(s) give it a rest

FOR THE RECORD: I actually think Boylan is a great broadcaster and that the show is solid, but this is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 King Size

As laughable as his paid for fake twitter followers, more people following him than actually listen to his show. Comedy gold!

Your wrong Greyham. Getting a bit sick of people like you as well accusing this one and that one of being affiliated to the show somehow, and getting warnings and neg rep for mild enough retorts. This will be my last post on this thread, thankfully I've better things to be doing than reading scuther.

accusing this one and that one of being affiliated to the show somehow,

That implies there's some type of randomness to how I accuse people. I only pointed out quite logically that you and proview basically do nothing on boards.ie but talk about The Niall Boylan Show.

This thread is going to be awfully quiet once you're gone. I'm sure another new account will be along soon enough to totally organically discuss the Niall Boylan show

EDIT: Sorry pal, I actually am confusing you with another poster who was in here a while back called Polbee who had 11 posts, all of which are about the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

so ...the lads in the radio station gave alan d ahole a few bob...he must be grand so...lol

im being sarcastic by the way..

Greyham wrote: »
    That implies there's some type of randomness to how I accuse people. I only pointed out quite logically that you and proview basically do nothing on boards.ie but talk about The Niall Boylan Show.

This thread is going to be awfully quiet once you're gone. I'm sure another new account will be along soon enough to totally organically discuss the Niall Boylan show

EDIT: Sorry pal, I actually am confusing you with another poster who was in here a while back called Polbee who had 11 posts, all of which are about the show.

how about you apply for a moderators job ...and whats your beef with people posting on a thread about a radio show they listen to?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

This thread is mainly vicious swipes at each other user's and accusations over fake accounts so who cares if people are trying to bump it up, very little content in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Chris 80

I listened in a couple of times to see what all the fuss is about. Stop focusing on the 'contributors'. They barely get a word in. It's just yer man Niall venting for the sake of being heard. If i met him I'd want to....Not like him. Awful show, and after looking at some of the posts, Yes, I agree that certain posters definately have an agenda. Without a doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Chris 80

drive.it wrote: »
    love love love the show! Yes the same subjects get repeated but only because it will be relevant to current affairs the discussion will always vary a little at least :-P I listen in car, at work and at home, ive recommended to so many friends! Go on Niall and the team :-D

OK. I'm seeing the pattern now............

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Boylan said last night that he's signing a contract for two more years with 4fm

Chris 80 wrote: »
    I listened in a couple of times to see what all the fuss is about. Stop focusing on the 'contributors'. They barely get a word in. It's just yer man Niall venting for the sake of being heard. If i met him I'd want to....Not like him. Awful show, and after looking at some of the posts, Yes, I agree that certain posters definately have an agenda. Without a doubt.

mmmm...ic...the fact that this post has been thanked by BARD....IS VERY INTERESTING INDEED.......sure didnt you used to work for the show bard?

hate that when things get all warped and nasty and angry and spiteful and stuff...

ahh well ...good to know niall and mike have another two years ahead of them...im glad for them...unlike you it seems bard...bitter tears sting like dying wasps...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Heym

monitoring Niall's online behaviour especially around JNLR time, it would seem he is a deeply bitter person, so far as his career goes anyway. shame really, as he's not that bad. although the fake callers etc is a tad annoying.

oh look, a first time poster. yep im that guy.

also, buying twitter followers? that makes him as bad as that breakfast presenter who did the same thing. and thats bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

ok enough with the personal stuff. Ex-Mod or not this will not turn into a point the finger thread. Anymore nonsense or off topic discussions the thread will be closed. Suzie4 warned of future behaviour.

well the wheelchair was back on last night...he retired for a day...lol

gotta love the fool really...lol

john..the tire biters sexgod...tirebiters for evryones information are women who are sexually attracted to men in wheelchairs..

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Jasssss

I agree with the poster that says that Naill Boylans show leans more to Freedom of Speech side.That FM 104 Show will cut you down if you don't agree with the presenters and has anyone else heard how they seem to have a grudge about Irish Taxi Driver's. I'm not Joking the abuse that's dished out about Irish Taxi Driver's is unreal.There was a bit of a backlash from driver's in the Airport at one point.I just listen to Niall now,he is easier to listen to and a better presenter overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I listened last night and thought (wrongly) that the John on the phone was John Waters - it wasn't him was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah john is back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

Katie from Dublin
    Debbie from Dublin
    Alan from Dublin
    John from Limerick
    Joe from Cork
    John from Dublin
    Toby from Galway
    Sean from Cork
    Nigel from Dublin

you forgot that mad yoke paulette i think its clare shes from, and that fella 'beans' the bushwhacker, from, well.........everywhere.

Proview wrote: »
    Your not listening to same show I listen to. Katie has only been on once since she had the abortion in February....... Who's Toby .... Sean the gay guy from cork is hilarious and is very rarely on the air although they read many of his texts...... John said he was retiring but was never on every night ???..... Nigel is ***** thick and I heard him once last week ...... Joe from limerick is on a lot but he's a clever guy . ..... Alan from Dublin who I miss on the show lately was sick niall said last night and is very rarely on the show. Once in the last month.....Debbie from Dublin , never heard her ?......

All in all considering there would be some 30 or 40 callers on a night ... I detect a bit of an exaggeration in your post. .......

John is hated and so is Alan but you have to admit its people like make the show mental and that's why I listen all the time.

No matter what you say about his show you have to admit as he was saying , they have gone from 0 listeners 2 years ago to almost half way to the number one at night..... Already they are beating all the shows in cork at night... Number 2 in dublin at night I heard .,.. So they are doing something right ,......

Since last Friday John has come out of retirement and has graced the airwaves on 4 separate nights, Alan, Fran, Eddie, Joe, John, Debbie, Liz and all the usual regulars were on a few nights as well. I'm not exaggerating at all.

Step 1. Pick a topic, something got to do with disabilities, the Cathoilc church, homosexuality that'll get them riled up, might as well play a few blasts of God save the Queen every now and then as well while we're at it...

Step 2. Ring a troll to get the ball rolling, ''hang on there a minute John, there's a few callers that want to talk to you''

And away we go....

12:30 am then we'll get Dave the lad on the internship to run around the studio with a hoover, drop cups of coffee etc and give out to him then for being stupid for doing so while we're on air.

Hahaha... zero listeners to seventeen thousand in 2 years, we're mighty altogether. lets go on Facebook and get the listeners to go on Boards.ie and spam a thread about Adrian Kennedy, get them to say how great we are hahahaha..... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pollbee

you forgot that mad yoke paulette i think its clare shes from, and that fella 'beans' the bushwhacker, from, well.........everywhere.
    LOL both myself and Martin beanz are from galway..two mad yolks..haha...:)

poor john, born in malahide had to move to sh** hole for 17yrs now lives in drimnagh, life can be cruel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 futtyman

Bard wrote: »

4fm Wiil run out of money by Christmas, It won't exist in two years time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

i always think its odd to see a radio host with more twitter followers than actual listeners....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

futtyman wrote: »
    4fm Wiil run out of money by Christmas, It won't exist in two years time.

Very true. What other radio station would make an announcement like this ? None. The sole purpose of this 2 More years for Boylan story is to suggest all is well and the future of 4FM is more than secure etc etc Utter nonsense. You cannot ignore the removal of harvey and the reason why... purely financial. You cannot ignore the timing of this Boylan announcement coming swiftly after the Harvey departure. You cannot ignore the fact that 4.5 years after they first went to air, 4 fm still have 1% of the listenership in Dublin.

oh the bitter bitter comments of tired ,broken people....

when a rainbow appears it is best to appreciate the colors...not bemoan how long it will last....

giftgrub wrote: »
    i always think its odd to see a radio host with more twitter followers than actual listeners....

He has a big following in South America it seems!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

He has a big following in South America it seems!
    Next thing they'll be setting up illegal relays of 4FM in the mountains of Paraguay to cater for all his fans over there, a bit like the old TV deflectors in Ireland :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

I have heard theres a thriving business in Twitter follower sales...20 dollars gets you 1000

Hey babe, your such a muppet. Could it not be that he started this month two years ago...... You cynical, negative, conspiracy theorist , begrudging person........

He mentioned it on air the other night, as I'm sure he was delighted to be resigned for the station. .......

Why are all the djs here so nasty towards people in the business doing well........

Any bull**** just to dirty their name and the sad part is they prob all work with him........

Glad I don't have work friends like "hey babe" and co ...... Looking forward to 2 more years of great talk radio....

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Jasssss

Well said Proview.

Hey babe, your such a muppet. Could it not be that he started this month two years ago...... You cynical, negative, conspiracy theorist , begrudging person........

He mentioned it on air the other night, as I'm sure he was delighted to be resigned for the station. .......

Why are all the djs here so nasty towards people in the business doing well........

Any bull**** just to dirty their name and the sad part is they prob all work with him........

Glad I don't have work friends like "hey babe" and co ...... Looking forward to 2 more years of great talk radio....

Very well said proview.

As well said as your other 38 incredibly positive posts about the niall boylan show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Good luck to Niall and the lads-his brand of slightly unhinged and unorthodox lunacy (online and off) can only serve to make the radio landscape a touch more interesting.

Good luck to Niall and the lads-his brand of slightly unhinged and unorthodox lunacy (online and off) can only serve to make the radio landscape a touch more interesting.

wow incredible , a poster with more than 50 posts giving structured, positive feedback on the show.

this one might actually be legitimate guys.

I only post on this forum on the show cause I like it but to be honest its turned into a thread of nasty people with an agenda.........which really takes away the reason the thread was setup in the first place it seems.........

I only post on this forum on the show cause I like it but to be honest its turned into a thread of nasty people with an agenda.........which really takes away the reason the thread was setup in the first place it seems.........

So similar enough to the show itself then.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

This is the second warning in less than a month on this thread. Enough with the personal abuse folks or bans will be handed out. Keep it civil

Splinter

just wondering how i get intouch with the shows producer...

my name is GOD...my son was on last night spouting the same old sh1te he always does..

just want to clear up a few things..

ok thank you one and all..

and for my sake ...will someone get marianne finnulicane off the air...the women drives me potty..

typical...you all leave god waiting for an answer...well i ve had enough...

shower of nonsense heads..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

suzie you are tapped, i am the one and only god.

if anybody sends me 99euro i can show them how to wake up in the morning and put the past behind them.

havent heard the show the last couple of nights....between and betwixt everything....any highlights?

havent heard the show the last couple of nights....between and betwixt everything....any highlights?

Just listen to a random show from a year ago or something Soozie Boozie, it'll more or less be the same stuff!

• Advertisement

Just listen to a random show from a year ago or something Soozie Boozie, it'll more or less be the same stuff!

Well if you knew anything about media cycles you would know that that applies to all radio tv and newspapers...the advantage of a show like this one is the ability for the odd "random" topic or caller to pop onto the airwaves...which is why most people listen ...so thats what my question was refering to...:rolleyes:

Niall said last night that we Irish treat animals like second class citizens ?
    that was last nights highlight

Well if you knew anything about media cycles you would know that that applies to all radio tv and newspapers...the advantage of a show like this one is the ability for the odd "random" topic or caller to pop onto the airwaves...which is why most people listen ...so thats what my question was refering to...:rolleyes:

The trouble is Boylan likes to think of himself as original or the real deal when it comes to creating new or different topics. It was only last week he had a crack at Moncrieff via twitter about Moncrieff having that plank on that thought he was Jesus two days after Boylan had him on. You'd swear Boylan discovered him or something and that Jesus plank doesn't spend most of his days doing stupid radio and TV interviews.

Boylan made a big deal about Adrian Kennedy (rival show) supposedly according to him stealing his idea's and topics as well a month or two ago. If the truth was to be told he's running one of the most repetitive shows on the radio, same topics week in week out with the same clowns banging the same drums.

He's clever though, clever enough not to let people on air that has at least two brain cells to rub together as he knows he's arguments and views would be torn a new one night after night. I've seen countless posts that made bits of his arguments or opinions on certain issues being mysteriously deleted from his facebook page.

The trouble is Boylan likes to think of himself as original or the real deal when it comes to creating new or different topics. It was only last week he had a crack at Moncrieff via twitter about Moncrieff having that plank on that thought he was Jesus two days after Boylan had him on. You'd swear Boylan discovered him or something and that Jesus plank doesn't spend most of his days doing stupid radio and TV interviews.

Boylan made a big deal about Adrian Kennedy (rival show) supposedly according to him stealing his idea's and topics as well a month or two ago. If the truth was to be told he's running one of the most repetitive shows on the radio, same topics week in week out with the same clowns banging the same drums.

He's clever though, clever enough not to let people on air that has at least two brain cells to rub together as he knows he's arguments and views would be torn a new one night after night. I've seen countless posts that made bits of his arguments or opinions on certain issues being mysteriously deleted from his facebook page.

I listen all the time but i at least i admit to it.... all you do is give out about it here and yet you seem to know more about it then anybody else..... you know about his facebook ,,,, twitter ,,, the show .... are you like a niall boylan stalker ha ha

i did see the twitter comment about moncrief ,,,, i think he made the same point you made if you look at it.....moncrief claimed and made a deal about it been an exclusive to newstalk and boylan simply replied telling him ....it was hardly exclusive as it was on his show a few nights ago... don't see the problem there......as for him not letting people on the air he cant handle....now your talking nonsense as he lets people on the air to insult him all the time but they do it at their own pearl as he is good with words and usually rips them a new hole......thats the best part .....

Its mad that all you do is put up negative stuff about the show....cause i notice all your posts are negative and all your posts include niall boylans name ...maybe you are into him or something in a mad way.........like nearley all your posts are abut the show.....i know all of mine are but i admit i only post here about the show cause i like it.......and yet you know so much about it ...so your a listener.....get over it and enjoy the madness.......:eek::eek:

:-)

Its mad that all you do is put up negative stuff about the show....cause i notice all your posts are negative and all your posts include niall boylans name ...maybe you are into him or something in a mad way.........like nearley all your posts are abut the show.....i know all of mine are but i admit i only post here about the show cause i like it.......and yet you know so much about it ...so your a listener.....get over it and enjoy the madness.......:eek::eek:

In relation to the first part of your post I've highlighted there, check out my posts earlier on in this thread. You'll see that I used to be a fan of the show so there goes that argument. I'm not to sure why you need to tell lies to defend Niall or the show to be honest.

In relation to second part I've highlighted, I admit I was naive at the start and like I said used to be a fan of the show and wasting quite a bit of money via sending in texts etc but I've since found out something about how it operates. Staged would be the best way of describing it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement