Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Show with Niall Boylan 4fm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

TBP wrote: »
    In relation to the first part of your post I've highlighted there, check out my posts earlier on in this thread. You'll see that I used to be a fan of the show so there goes that argument. I'm not to sure why you need to tell lies to defend Niall or the show to be honest.

In relation to second part I've highlighted, I admit I was naive at the start and like I said used to be a fan of the show and wasting quite a bit of money via sending in texts etc but I've since found out something about how it operates. Staged would be the best way of describing it.

oh god...heres this "staged" word again..

and when prey tell have you ever heard anything in or on the media that hasnt been staged in some shape or form...you seem to be beginning to wake up to reality..very very few things ever happen "live" or "all by themselves" welcome to reality...

so anychance of enjoying yourself with the new knowledge..?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Greyham

Proview wrote: »

Its mad that all you do is put up negative stuff about the show

And all you do is post positive things about the show, with incredibly detailed reference to anything being discussed.

You only post positive things, he only posts negative things, you two are a good balancing force for each other.

On topic: i like the niall boylan show its very exciting and has lots of listeners in cork apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

Greyham wrote: »
    And all you do is post positive things about the show, with incredibly detailed reference to anything being discussed.

You only post positive things, he only posts negative things, you two are a good balancing force for each other.

On topic: i like the niall boylan show its very exciting and has lots of listeners in cork apparently

He's supposed to have a couple of thousand listeners in Cork alright by all accounts but going by his twitter followers it's nothing in comparison to the amount of listeners he has in South America and even further afield.

He's supposed to have a couple of thousand listeners in Cork alright by all accounts but going by his twitter followers it's nothing in comparison to the amount of listeners he has in South America and even further afield.

Yes I've noticed he has the most dedicated listeners both here in Ireland and in South America.

He seems to attract the most fanatical type of die hard listener. Like the people in this thread who all have very very low post counts and who have all registered just to post about how good the show is.

He also has many south american listeners who just follow his show and twitter and who have between 0 and 5 followers.

It looks like they joined twitter just to follow him.

He is like a charismatic leader of a religion.

Yes I've noticed he has the most dedicated listeners both here in Ireland and in South America.

He seems to attract the most fanatical type of die hard listener. Like the people in this thread who all have very very low post counts and who have all registered just to post about how good the show is.

He also has many south american listeners who just follow his show and twitter and who have between 0 and 5 followers.

It looks like they joined twitter just to follow him.

He is like a charismatic leader of a religion.

and greyham seems to be letting the green eyed monster gobble him up from the inside out...let it go sir...why do you care so much?

as the jamaican hedgehog said to the bear....
    "go on ...try to wipe your arse with me muttha fukka..."

:D:D:D

Suzie4 wrote: »
    and greyham seems to be letting the green eyed monster gobble him up from the inside out...let it go sir...why do you care so much?

No it's not a case of jealousy or dislike at all, as I pointed out in the other post its amazing how a man can be so powerful he can cause all these new, unrelated people to seek out a forum on which to discuss his show, all of who register with the sole purpose of discussing his show.

And to add to that he has literally thousands of listeners in South America, his charisma is wide and far reaching.

Well done to him, I'm sure all the posters in the thread who have less than 100 posts and do nothing but talk about this show would agree.

It is inspiring stuff.

No it's not a case of jealousy or dislike at all, as I pointed out in the other post its amazing how a man can be so powerful he can cause all these new, unrelated people to seek out a forum on which to discuss his show, all of who register with the sole purpose of discussing his show.

And to add to that he has literally thousands of listeners in South America, his charisma is wide and far reaching.

Well done to him, I'm sure all the posters in the thread who have less than 100 posts and do nothing but talk about this show would agree.

It is inspiring stuff.

"beware that green eyed monster,for it doust mock the meat it feeds upon"

"me thinks the lady doust protest too much"

greyham...let it go man...next thing you will be scratching the ceilings with your toothbrush ...

who is this dave the intern gobsh1te...
    from the school of fallopian tube radio land?

head like a sieve ...brain cells working slower than a priest walking past an eigth year old..

sort this moonbeam out ..

seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

it amuses me to see that the host who only last week said on twitter that the reasons for excluding blind pensioners from the internship scheme made sense is now whinging that a blind person achieved something. a word for that - begrudgery.

it amuses me to see that the host who only last week said on twitter that the reasons for excluding blind pensioners from the internship scheme made sense is now whinging that a blind person achieved something. a word for that - begrudgery.

He has a habit just like some of the trolls (particularly that Nigel) that phone into the show of arguing a point one night and completely disagreeing with it the next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Proview

Looking at your twitter it seems you have a personal problem with the show........chip on shoulder....springs to mind:eek::eek:........ I looked back on his twitter and i dont see any discrimination but i do see you constantly insulting him .........surprised he even answers your insults..... That's why i like the show so much because he doesn't conform to the PC view just because he might offend the odd oversensitive listener ... :D:D

but dave is a nob...

the radio roulette idea is a bit of a laugh,but ofcourse it does make gamblers like me think i may win a prize.

note to the producer,if you give away a small prize to a random roulette caller.....more madyokes will call in...

hence...more giggles for us..:D

ok as you were gentlemen...as you were..

eddie...what a fool.

the man has no anything ...class intelligence ,savvy ...

the radio roulette idea is a bit of a laugh,but ofcourse it does make gamblers like me think i may win a prize.

note to the producer,if you give away a small prize to a random roulette caller.....more madyokes will call in...

hence...more giggles for us..:D

We're a bit low on the old mugs this weather Suzie, I'll have a chat to Niall tonight we might be able to give away a few CD's or something and yeah the radio roulette seems to be going down a treat alright, the little mouse stuck in the wall was very funny. I wonder if he is alive, didn't hear from him in a while!

I live the radio roulette but I heard them say last week that another station stole the idea,....... A prize would be great on radio roulette..........

Tara giving out to the limerick guy tonight was mental....... How does he talk for 5 hours every night ????

I see a real war going on with 104 on twitter with the guys...... Only heard 104 once and its nowhere near as good.......

anychance of a "dave is a nob" mug?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

I live the radio roulette but I heard them say last week that another station stole the idea,....... A prize would be great on radio roulette..........

Tara giving out to the limerick guy tonight was mental....... How does he talk for 5 hours every night ????

I see a real war going on with 104 on twitter with the guys...... Only heard 104 once and its nowhere near as good.......

The Phoneshow was slagging off Niall and his show for buying twitter followers, not directly obviously but talking about stations that do and calling them sad.

soc160 wrote: »
    The Phoneshow was slagging off Niall and his show for buying twitter followers, not directly obviously but talking about stations that do and calling them sad.

wow really...wow..

no seriously im amazed ...wow.

thanks for telling us that..wow. arent we all wowed!

wow just ....wow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

has anyone been listening tonight???? wow niall isnt there and i missed it. does anyone know where i can listen top a delayed broadcast maybe??

wow really...wow..

no seriously im amazed ...wow.

thanks for telling us that..wow. arent we all wowed!

wow just ....wow

Intelligent input darling.

Intelligent input darling.

thanks a million big man...

anyway to the shows producer ...anychance of a "dave is a nob" mug..

"hotcakes" and "they would go like":D are the words that spring to mind.

Paulegend wrote: »
    has anyone been listening tonight???? wow niall isnt there and i missed it. does anyone know where i can listen top a delayed broadcast maybe??

Niall was on last night but apparently Mike said due to unforeseen circumstances had to leave the show early. Mike took over from 11:30pm for 20 odd minutes but then he to decided to leg it and they just lobbed on a repeat show. Car crash radio at it's finest really.

Niall was on last night but apparently Mike said due to unforeseen circumstances had to leave the show early. Mike took over from 11:30pm for 20 odd minutes but then he to decided to leg it and they just lobbed on a repeat show. Car crash radio at it's finest really.

yea i just tuned in when mike took over. so i didnt know what was going on.

a few on the facebook page where saying that niall was giing his opinion on the governement or something liek taht and then his boss was giving out to mike or something so niall brought his boss on the air without telling his boss that he was on the air until into an arguement with him. his boss told him on air then to go to a break and next we had makie telling us that he is filling in. just hope they have that in the podcast lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭goulders

u missed nothing, worst amateur acting, pure shi*e, niall probably had to go early so they came up with a sham, oooooooooooh Niall went to far criticising the government bollox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

What part of Waterford are you from Goulders?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

goulders wrote: »
    u missed nothing, worst amateur acting, pure shi*e, niall probably had to go early so they came up with a sham, oooooooooooh Niall went to far criticising the government bollox

Nail on the head ,niall or mike had to go early so came up with that bull**** so the could play a repeat .Most of the show now seems to be staged and he now has his own wack pack callers awswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

I only heard from when mike initally took over last night but i have long suspected the show has a lot of staged stuff going on, there are without a doubt imo plant callers featured regulary.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Rock Solid

I was listening to the show last night as I often do, It was just after 11pm when they changed the topic to the Budget coming in October, Niall said that he couldnt find any good ideas that the Government had done in order to balance the topic, then said that he would continue the topic unbalanced as he couldnt find any good reasons to mention regarding the Government, the he mentioned that the BAI had crazy rules on chat shows which were there to prevent djs from airing there point, at that stage you could hear Mike telling him to take an add break which he didnt, he asked Mike who was on the phone and Mike said that its Andy, so Niall put him on air and discussed what the show was about, Andy didnt know he was on air but soon found out and told Niall to take the add break, after the break Mike came back on till midnight then a pre record till 1am, wonder what will happen tonight, I agree with Niall regarding the BAI as for the show its gone downhill lately with the same callers and copying 104 with off your chest and radio roulette and using same music beds.

Reading that it sounds like it was staged alright. They're capable of doing anything in order to get a bit of attention on some site like The Journal.ie or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I was listening but missed that part - who the heck is Andy?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 tapit54

It seemed to be totally staged last night. It's probably just Boylan taking some holidays and wanted to make a "dramatic" exit.

tapit54 wrote: »
    It seemed to be totally staged last night. It's probably just Boylan taking some holidays and wanted to make a "dramatic" exit.

Yep, he's probably abroad in Florida as we speak telling anyone that asks him where he's from that he is from England or English as he's ashamed to say he's Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kevin o sullivan

If that was true they'd have just said Niall was finishing early. Like they did before. More likely a dig at new state controls in free debate.

look im just wondering can i get a "dave is a nob" mug please...thats all i want

look im just wondering can i get a "dave is a nob" mug please...thats all i want

I see Mike posted a picture of the world radio award that they got from america.for Best Talk Show ....congrats to Niall and co.......

Any mention of last nights antics tonight?

I see Mike posted a picture of the world radio award that they got from america.for Best Talk Show ....congrats to Niall and co.......

yeah but he looked like he just made his communion..

sad really..but well done to COMMUNION BOY and his trustee side kick..FR.NIALL...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pollbee

Any mention of last nights antics tonight?

Think niall is back on tonight...

pollbee wrote: »
    Think niall is back on tonight...

he will be back on friday night

• Advertisement

ah well ...no chance of the "dave is a nob" mug then..lol ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

Niall back 2night, will he apologise for his stupid antics on the night he went on holidays, making eejits of your listeners is not a clever move.
    PS if doing it again get some acting lessons first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

what happened?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

dave1982 wrote: »
    what happened?:confused:

Adrian Kennedy wiped him out in the JNLR's.... That's what happened!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

bbability wrote: »

I listen to both podcasts but Boylan seems to have the same topics over and over again.

Holidays while you on the dole

Refusing social housing

dave1982 wrote: »
    I listen to both podcasts but Boylan seems to have the same topics over and over again.

Holidays while you on the dole

Refusing social housing

He's always going on about how his topics are so original though and having it out with Kennedy on facebook or twitter for supposedly stealing these so called original topics is a regular enough occurrence.

I wouldn't mind but it's pretty obvious that these emails they say they get from listeners are just made up and when they're not at that crack it's just a topic or a news item pulled from The Daily Mail so there's damn all original about what they are doing. That show will die a death eventually. It's just the same old ding dong night after night, same topics and same callers/trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 marconi2.0

He's always going on about how his topics are so original though and having it out with Kennedy on facebook or twitter for supposedly stealing these so called original topics is a regular enough occurrence.

I wouldn't mind but it's pretty obvious that these emails they say they get from listeners are just made up and when they're not at that crack it's just a topic or a news item pulled from The Daily Mail so there's damn all original about what they are doing. That show will die a death eventually. It's just the same old ding dong night after night, same topics and same callers/trolls.

And yet you tune in?

marconi2.0 wrote: »
    And yet you tune in?

For 3 nights of the week I don't really have a choice, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 marconi2.0

For 3 nights of the week I don't really have a choice, unfortunately.

I think your a bit obsessed tbh why feel the need to listen and critique everything, I'd be commenting elsewhere if I really didn't like the show, think your a closet lover, if you weren't why would you comment all the time

• Advertisement

bbability wrote: »

For a mod, you can beg really nasty. Not sure about Dublin but in cork, everybody is listening to it........

Advertisement