Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound Card

Options
  • 04-09-2012 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I don't like the quality of my music with my current speakers and I want to have a nice sound set up, I have been informed that a sound card is also needed to get good quality, could anyone point me towards some good sound cards and sound systems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Peter8 wrote: »
    I don't like the quality of my music with my current speakers and I want to have a nice sound set up, I have been informed that a sound card is also needed to get good quality, could anyone point me towards some good sound cards and sound systems?
    Chances are you need a better speaker set as opposed to a discrete sound card.

What's your current speaker setup and what's your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Seconded on the speakers. Wouldn't hurt to know the motherboard either.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Peter8

I have an ASRock z68 pro3 gen3, quite small and my speakers are some dell ones that came with my previous pc. Budget, whatever will get good quality but I would say 100-200.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

If you don't mind a bit of wear on them I can sell you a really nice set of speakers for dirt cheap only €40. If they were in new condition I would be selling them for €200.

http://www.adverts.ie/speakers/altec-lansing-ada995-5-1-thx-200w/1968558

I also have a Creative Sound Blaster X-fi XtremeMusic for sale that will be going up on adverts shortly for €20.

Why are you selling them?

EDIT: just read some reviews and that seems like a pretty decent price for how you are describing them, I am seriously considering it, did you use a soundcard with them?

• Advertisement

Peter8 wrote: »
    Why are you selling them?

EDIT: just read some reviews and that seems like a pretty decent price for how you are describing them, I am seriously considering it, did you use a soundcard with them?

I was using a set of Logitech Z-5500 for my HTPC and game consoles but upgraded to an Onkyo AV reciever and Tannoy speakers so I moved the Z-5500 to the games PC and they were just left over.

I also I have a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic, which I only upgraded to a Titanium HD in the last few days. I will do both together for €60 if you can collect.

sink wrote: »
    I was using a set of Logitech Z-5500 for my HTPC and game consoles but upgraded to an Onkyo AV reciever and Tannoy speakers so I moved the Z-5500 to the games PC and they were just left over.

I also I have a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic, which I only upgraded to a Titanium HD in the last few days. I will do both together for €60 if you can collect.

Lets continue negotiations on adverts.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

sink wrote: »

what did the onkyo and speakers set you back?

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    what did the onkyo and speakers set you back?

I bought an Onkyo TX-NR609 and the Tannoy HTS 101 speaker system for just over €1000. I bought them over a year ago from Richer Sounds.

Advertisement