Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using QoS with Netopia router

• 04-09-2012 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi. I have a netopia 2247-02 router with stock firmware. I use it to play online games on my desktop, but when other clients are using the router, I get signal drops and lag spikes. However, none of the other clients use the router for online gaming, so I want to prioritize my desktop computer. I have heard about Quality of Service/QoS, which can apparently be used to do this, but when I try to add a custom flow I get this screen:

scaled.php?server=339&filename=customflow.png&res=landing

What values do I put in to prioritize my entire PC? Is there another way to priorotize it? Do I need another router?

I don't have much experience with networks, so I would like to hear the best solution for getting lag-free, reliable internet even when other people are using it.

Feel free to ask me more questions about my computer/internet, and thanks in advance for helping.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

QOS is all about the speed of the hardware in a router and how well a router implements it. The Netopia is a terrible POS, bottom line, you'll need a better router to do QOS properly.

Advertisement