Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual Graphics card ATI Radeon HD 5670

Options
  • 04-09-2012 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Could I use a second ATI Radeon HD 5670 and connect together on the Gig MB
    GA-X58A-UD3R or would you recommend purchasing another card ?.
    My stats are low for a SD hd, 12 gig ram, i7 processor, Corsair 750- wondering on the card because the report suggested updating the card

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You could do. You just have to match the cards exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭recycled

ED E wrote: »

Thanks will do - will I get much of an improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'm not knowledgeable to know for sure, but generally 2xCard isnt 2x as powerful as a single card. Its also game dependant.

TBH, thats a very low spec card considering your rig. If you can match the current card super cheap maybe do it, otherwise I'd go for a new one. Do you have a budget?

I selected another card at the time, but it was out of stock & I picked this one. I was not looking for the latest and greatest I was looking for a reasonable performance but was disappointed. I'm not into games, but I find the refesh very slow. Thanks for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 82,407 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ED E wrote: »
    Crossfire is pretty un-picky: technically they don't have to be the exact same, but near-cousins. In practice though, try to make it the same.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Crossfire is pretty un-picky: technically they don't have to be the exact same, but near-cousins. In practice though, try to make it the same.

Any recommendations around the €100 - €150 bracket would be appreciated. I have looked into tomshardware charts / recommendations & find I cannot choose, the more I look the more undecided I get.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,407 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

if youre overwhelmed with choice do a 5670 that has matching core and memory clockspeeds to the one you already have

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Maybe just buy a Radeon HD 6850.

That card should run most games better that two HD 5670's in crossfire.

Thanks Overheal,
    Will look at this option thanks- not sure how to check these details, core etc

Thanks old Aussie,
    I will look at the matching first if possible - cost etc. Your option may the better value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

recycled wrote: »
    Thanks old Aussie,
    I will look at the matching first if possible - cost etc. Your option may the better value.

If your sell your card and get a hd6850 it would be a much better option all round.

Advertisement