Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Restaurant and Pub/Club in Carlow

Options
  • 04-09-2012 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys, myself and my friend are heading up to Carlow next Saturday. Can anyone recommend a good cheap place to eat Sat night and also the best pub with dancing for two thirtysomething-year-olds. Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Brookes do food, have a late bar and dj. You also have the option of going upstairs to the Tower, in the same complex, if you want more of a "club".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Unless things have changed very recently Brooks hasn't been open late all Summer (closed by 10 I think even at weekends), so no late night bar, no DJ and no dancing. I'd say 30somethings would feel too old in the Tower. The Med Bar seems to be the main place at the moment, it's a late bar, DJ playing upbeat tracks. There's no dance floor but you still see people dancing on the spot. It's very popular at weekends and the place get's quite packed. The Barracks across the street is also open late but is a bit more reserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tea_and_toast

Thanks a mill lads.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Unless things have changed very recently Brooks hasn't been open late all Summer (closed by 10 I think even at weekends), so no late night bar, no DJ and no dancing. .
    Ok,I need to get out more, apologies to OP and thanks for the correction!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Fast Eddies followed by Millers Pub, get the real carlow experience!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Bobby1984

The Gastro Bar on Tullow Street is another option for food. Its only new but a few friends have been there and said the food was really good. The owner or one of the staff even went out of their way to get a chocolate cake for desert when she mentioned that there was none on the menu.

Haven't tried it yet myself but will try it in the near future. If ye are early 30's you might like the Tower but it would depend on the band that is in there. Transmitter (Sat 8th), Thunderstruck (15th) and Electric Lemon (22nd) are in there over the next few weeks. Not sure what they are like as I am more of a Foundry person :D

Couldn't go wrong with the Med though but as a previous poster said there is no dancing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tea_and_toast

Thanks Bobby, might swing by the Tower then and see what thats like. Is the Foundry for the young folk?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Bobby1984

Foundry would be most people in teens and 20's. DJ plays mostly dance music and remixes of songs in the charts. If you are going to the Tower, you will get to have the Foundry experience. Both of these venues are joined together so there is the freedom to roam between both.

Advertisement