Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Corabi (Ex-Motley Crue) - Irish Tour

Options
  • 04-09-2012 5:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27

SD Entertainment Present

John Corabi
    Ex-Motley Crue/ Union / The Scream

Unplugged Tour
    Thurs 15th November: - The Pint, Dublin
    Friday 16th November - Monroe's, Galway
    Sat 17th November - Auntie Annie's, Belfast

Ex-Motley Crue frontman John Corabi comes to Ireland this November in support of his brand new solo acoustic album 'Unplugged', which features new recordings of Motley Crue, Union, Scream material with many surprises. John has toured the world many times over with bands such as Motley Crue, having sang on their 93/4 self-titled album to the likes of RATT, Brides of Destruction, Union and ESP with Bob & Bruce Kulick (Ex-KISS) and Eric Singer (Current KISS / former Alice Cooper drummer).

John will be performing material from his Motley Crue / Union & The Scream days on this tour along with a bunch of other material well known to rock fans of all ages and tastes!!! Don't miss this chance to see Corabi up close and personal this winter!

For more info visit www.facebook.com/johncorabimusic

Tickets available from www.ticketmaster.ie / www.tickets.ie (Dublin Only) from Thursday & www.monroes.ie for Galway very soon!

3839_10151026079240382_184355440_n.jpg

John Corabi - Hooligan's Holiday - Acoustic
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=patmVvkr4bc

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 CiaranC7

Next month folks.......support from Colorblind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

CiaranC7 wrote: »
    Next month folks.......support from Colorblind

looking forward to this gig - should be a cracking show.......if the people that told me they are going to go do should be a decent crowd too ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Coburger

Saw Corabi a few years ago in Spain with ESP. The 94 Motley Crue album was their best (IMO) so looking forward to going down and seeing him. Hopefully he'll get out this solo album soon.

New album out Nov 13th....so pretty cool he's playing Dublin 2 days later. More info on the album here http://www.ratpakrecordsamerica.com/johncorabi.cfm

Matty James from Filthy Angels to open the Belfast show!!!!

WWW.TICKETMASTER.IE & ALL USUAL OUTLETS FOR TICKETS.....Selling fast!

• Advertisement

Stone Trigger (Acoustic set) opening in Dublin

Dan Travers opening in Galway!

Best to avoid disappointment folks!

Tour kick's off this Thursday in Dublin

Hear 4 tracks for free from John's 'Unplugged' album which drops this Tuesday

http://soundcloud.com/rat-pak-records/sets/john-corabi-unplugged/

Hey, was anyone else here at the gig in the Pint last Thursday. I thought it was quite good, a pity about the low attendance but then again it was nice to be close up. Was anyone in Galway or Belfast?

A big thank you to the guy who told the girls at the back to be quiet during the gig. Why do some people go to a concert to have a loud chat?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Coburger wrote: »
    Hey, was anyone else here at the gig in the Pint last Thursday. I thought it was quite good, a pity about the low attendance but then again it was nice to be close up. Was anyone in Galway or Belfast?

A big thank you to the guy who told the girls at the back to be quiet during the gig. Why do some people go to a concert to have a loud chat?

What was the setlist like?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Adrift

What was the headcount at this does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

Only heard about the gig in Galway at the last minute and went but was I glad I did!!! John Corabi was great, excellent guitarist, great singer and fantastic entertainer. Only ****ty thing was the crowd was fuvking PATHETIC I'd say somewhere around 30 people :mad::mad:

Jesus, a couple of the dipshet DJ's who were going to be playing after the gig came in and started doing the exact same thing. Really felt like giving them a good kick up the ass they were talking so loud.

Supposedly, John Corabi is coming back to Ireland next April/May :)

What was the setlist like?

Hey, the set list was more or less:

Love, I don't Need It Anymore (Union)
    Never Loved Her Anyway (Scream)
    Father, Mother, Son (Scream)
    Man on the Moon (Scream)
    A bit of Sweet Emotion (Aerosmith) / Maggie May (Stewart) after someone shouted it out, crowd sang along
    Hooligans Holiday (Motley)
    If I Had a Dime (Corabi)
    Driftaway (Motley)
    Loveshine (Motley)
    Misunderstood)
    Home Sweet Home (Motley)
    Dead (Union)
    Oh Darling (Beatles)

He also played another new song off his new unplugged album. I may be missing a song or two.
    It was a two hour set with loads of talking between the songs, telling the history of the song which was quite interesting.

I'd say the headcount in the Pint was around 60 but around 10 of them were from Stone Trigger and their fans.

Where did you hear that he was back last year in April / May? I'd be surprised to see him back with so few people there.

The only negative thing was that there were no CDs to buy (his new album)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

Where did you hear that he was back last year in April / May? I'd be surprised to see him back with so few people there.

Sorry just seen this now. I was talking to the owner in Monroe's as he called me over to introduce me to John's manager and he was telling me then and asking me to put the word around if he comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Coburger wrote: »
    Hey, the set list was more or less:

Driftaway (Motley)

Such an underrated song, fantastic

Advertisement