Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat Oct 6th / RON MORELLI (L.I.E.S./New York) Irish debut @ FACTORY, GALWAY

Options
  • 04-09-2012 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

EpochMorelli.jpg

Saturday October 6th / Factory @ Electric Garden & Theatre
    Door tax €10 / Free pre-party @ Bierhaus from 9pm

Long Island Electrical Systems (or L.I.E.S. for short) has carved a reputation for itself as one of the most exciting labels in underground electronic music. The uncompromising quality of the releases, the uncanny ability of owner Ron Morelli to balance output between new and established talent, and the sheer range of musical styles that L.I.E.S. encompasses has resulted in praise coming in thick and fast from DJs, critics and music lovers alike.

We think it's fair to say that Morelli applies much the same philosophy to DJing as he does to his record label. Anyone who has heard his sets available online for the likes of Little White Earbuds, Juno, Beats In Space, or the live recording of his appearance on the Boiler Room can attest to the quality and variety of his selections.

We could tell you what we expect he might play, but maybe it’s better to just quote the man himself from his recent interview with LWE;
    ”You know, to me, being a DJ, you take the best from every genre, the most interesting style, the most interesting records from all genres, be it disco, house, techno, new beat, African records, soul records, whatever, man.”

Couldn’t have said it better ourselves.

This'll be Ron's first time to visit our fair isle so we must admit to being pretty chuffed about the booking. We’ll be kicking things off with a free pre-party in the Bierhaus from 9pm, so do come join us for beers and a few tunes before we head to the club. Music from residents Colin, Lynam and Enda.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭superglue

Video from Ron Morelli's recent Boiler Room appearance with download link for the audio in the description.

Also, for anyone who's on facebook and would like to connect with Epoch you can do so here.

Recording of Morelli laying down 3.5 hours of deep, dark, after hours business in Concrete, Paris last weekend.

http://soundcloud.com/concreteparis/ron-morelli-concrete-paris-23

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

That's a great few hours of music there.

Great booking btw, hope you pull a decent crowd for it. If I lived in Galway I'd be all over that.

Thanks for the kind words Ianuss. Here's another mix where he mixes styles a bit more if you fancy it.

http://soundcloud.com/fadermedia/morelli-dj-at-dotbleep-chicago

This one hasn't left my car for weeks.

Ron Morelli will be playing in the club from start to finish this Saturday so we recommend getting in early. If you're around town beforehand get yourself to the Bierhaus for some pre-party buzzing. We'll be kicking things off there at 9pm and giving out concessions so make sure to call in for a beer before the gig!

• Advertisement
Advertisement