Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travel insurance canada

Options
  • 04-09-2012 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hi

has anyone found what insurance company provides the best backpacker insurance for canada? i will be looking for a one year policy that will cater for all my needs (illness, accidental injury, work, sports, etc)

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

*** Moving from defunct US/ Canada Travel forum to newly created Canada forum ***

• Registered Users Posts: 17 McGooeyBum

Do you only intend on staying for the one year? Will you not be applying in December for the second year visa?

I got my insurance with these guys http://www.backpackertravelinsurance.ie/

Be very careful to read all the fine print on all the insurance websites you check out, a lot of them say the journey has to start and end in Ireland. Plus a lot of them only do one year(which I guess would suit you!). Also check out the "hazardous" activities you are allowed to do they are normally graded. That's why I've gone for the 2 year option with these guys and gone to Grade 2 on the activities as plan on doing a good few things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Yea one thing I know about my insurance is I WANT it to cover like winter sports and the like. I can't ski or snowboard or anything, but Canada is a BIG winter sports country so if I am going to be there I wanna learn yakno. But don't wanna fall and break something, end up in the hosp and then be not covered!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 McGooeyBum

It will cost extra for the winter sports but not much and it's worth it.

Advertisement