Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway hurlers homecoming

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Chicken1

To be honest I think its stupid having a homecoming when you are beaten, I am sure the team dont feel up to it either, it would be better to let them do their own things with family and friends. Not going for those reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

snubbleste wrote: »
    So, eh
    Who will be out celebrating the losing team?

I will. They have given Galway hurling supporters more to cheer about this year (and the first proper bit of silverware for decades) and I think it is right that their efforts are recognised. I hope the weather improves a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

So, eh
    Who will be out celebrating the losing team?

They got to the All-Ireland final and forced Kilkenny to a replay, that's an achievement to celebrate.

The number of Galway fans leaving the game yesterday with 10 minutes left to play was very poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I will, making it to the final and forcing the cats to a rematch is a huge achievement in itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'm going because we never got to celebrate them returning with the Leinster Title. Anybody would have given their right hand to see a Galway team go from getting hammered by Waterford to winning Leinster and getting to an All-Ireland final.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I'm going because we never got to celebrate them returning with the Leinster Title. Anybody would have given their right hand to see a Galway team go from getting hammered by Waterford to winning Leinster and getting to an All-Ireland final.
    Not me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

J o e wrote: »
    T

The number of Galway fans leaving the game yesterday with 10 minutes left to play was very poor form.

Very bad form alright. One or two people, you would get over but there was one camera shot showing loads of people leaving the ground..

Very poor imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Not me.
    That's because you have no hands :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Galwegians are very poor supporters in most sports. Fair weather at best. Very few of those in attendance will turn out to see their local clubs or indeed Galway play, in th national league games. Working tonight. Otherwise, I'd be going in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Wont' be going, have attended a few in the past and the players always look very uncomfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Joe Canning should have keeping his mouth shut. I hear the Galway team have recieved copies of Hurling for dummies written by Henry Shefflin.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Chicken1 wrote: »
    To be honest I think its stupid having a homecoming when you are beaten, I am sure the team dont feel up to it either, it would be better to let them do their own things with family and friends. Not going for those reasons

100% agree with this, do they really want to have a party cause they lost? doubt it. its another thing to see them on the street and tell well done but unlucky on the day.

if it was on shop street or on nuns island id go but its a fair oul treak making it out to salthill. was at the first final but couldnt get a ticket for yesterday

An Garda have issued a press release:
    Parking restrictions will be strictly adhered to. No illegal parking will be allowed in the vicinity of :-
    1. Kingston Road
    2. Taylor’s Hill
    3. Rosary Lane
    4. Oaklands / Devon Gardens / Upper Salthill Road
    5. Reveagh Road
    6. Rockbarton Roads and
    7. Dalysfort Road
    Vehicles illegally parked will be towed away.

http://garda.ie/Documents/User/PRESS%20RELEASE%20-%20Galway%20Homecoming%20Sept%202012.pdf

Wonder if the towing will actually happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Comon do they think the Stadium will have a full house, I doubt it very much.

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Comon do they think the Stadium will have a full house, I doubt it very much.

Doesn't need a full house to get completely swamped with cars. 10000 would do it.

I bet bus eireann have widely advertised extra services that will drop people at the stadium though. Right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

"No illegal parking will be allowed in the vicinity of..."

Surely by its very nature "illegal parking" isn't allowed anywhere... :p

J o e wrote: »
    "No illegal parking will be allowed in the vicinity of..."

Surely by its very nature "illegal parking" isn't allowed anywhere... :p

This is Ireland. There's illegal, and then there's stuff you'll get in trouble for doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

areyawell wrote: »
    Joe Canning should have keeping his mouth shut. I hear the Galway team have recieved copies of Hurling for dummies written by Henry Shefflin.
    I think you should 'keep' yours shut if you've nothing more informed than that to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

seen on facebook that the gates were going to open at 4.30 :eek:

galway advertiser saying team now eating and are over an hour away, plenty of people complaining its freeing in salthill. ill be surprised if anyone is left there when the bus turns up

Galwegians are very poor supporters in most sports. Fair weather at best.

Ever been to The Sportsground for Connacht Rugby?? Fair weather I do not think so! All weathers and still excellent attendance. G'wan Connacht!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

areyawell wrote: »

We'll have a collection to get you a copy of grammar for dummies.

AngeGal wrote: »
    We'll have a collection to get you a copy of grammar for dummies.

Make sure he receives a copy of Spelling for Irritating Twats too

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Some warnings handed out, back to the hurlers please.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

According to RTE there was about 5,000 there last night.

Aiel wrote: »
    According to RTE there was about 5,000 there last night.

That's about right. The stand was pretty full (think it can hold 8 thousand?) It was looking like a poor turn out at around 7:30 but I think people were listening to the radio and timed their arrival. Lot of locals (near Salthill) it seemed to me.

Thankfully for the players sake it only lasted about 25 mins!

Am I the only one who did notice this? @ Knock airport (aka galway north)

391647_10151209331939879_691419348_n.jpg

Am I the only one who did notice this? @ Knock airport (aka galway north)

391647_10151209331939879_691419348_n.jpg

Good shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Thats doing the rounds for the past week, it was not real, Ryanair did not paint a plane it was photo chopped

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Thats doing the rounds for the past week, it was not real, Ryanair did not paint a plane it was photo chopped

Would have caused a bit of bother too, seeing as Aer Lingus are sponsors of Galway hurling!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Beneath her feet

Joe Canning: This is for you! This is what a homecoming looks like :p

Advertisement