Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens if you appeal and are marked down?

• 04-09-2012 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

So, as the title suggests, say I got 200 points and my coarse requires 200. I appeal and am marked down to say 190. Obviously the results come out in october, or thereabouts, and I have already began my coarse. Do I get kicked out, what happens?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Think you finish the semester of the course you are doing (the course which you had got 200 points for but now you are gone down to 190) and then you get the boot. :P Not sure at all, though. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Well I mean, they're hardly gonna kick you out if you'd paid the fees and if they'd just be left with an empty place they can't - at worst I imagine the points printed for the course become 190 instead of 200...but I have to ask, why are you posted about being in Trinity and stuff then asking this? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I didn't think they could mark you down? You either stay the same or go up. I dunno though

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

You can be downgraded (it used to be the case that your grade could only stay the same or go up) but once the Viewing of scripts became possible so did the chance of grades being downgraded.

Not sure about college places being lost though-check the SEC or CAO websites.....doubt it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

Once the college issue an offer and you accept, you both have entered into a contract that can not be retracted/dishonoured by the college. If you remember there was a college recently who accidentally offered extra students who were below the points requirements a place on a course. The college honoured all of these places even though it was double the quota of places for that course.

• Advertisement
Advertisement