If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundbar

Options
  • 04-09-2012 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭

Hi John et Al

I remember you folks doing Soundbars... Boston ?

Looking for one with built in Sub....

Can you refresh my memory

Cheers

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi John et Al

I remember you folks doing Soundbars... Boston ?

Looking for one with built in Sub....

Can you refresh my memory

Cheers

DT,

thanks a mill for the post - here are a few options:

LG N2420: http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/lg/nb2420a/lg-nb2420a
    Slimline and not too pricey at just £129.95
    showimage.php?image=309606.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

Yamaha YAS101 - See details here: http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/yamaha/yas101/yama-yas101

This is probably the best value integrated soundbar and whilst it does not have a huge feature count it sounds pretty amazing ( you can check with some happy Boardies who have already bought them from us..) and it's also really the best value unit at just £189.95..
    showimage.php?image=309028.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

All our other bars include subs and the Boston Model 30 is the same (it actually has a whacking great sub!) - but on that front I have 2 open box Model 30's and I'd clear them at £149.95 reduced from £249.95
    See details here: http://www.bostona.eu/en/loudspeakers_tvsound_tveemodel30

5617_static.jpg

Keep me posted if any of the above grabs your fancy..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hi John

is the sub wireless on the boston

Hi John

is the sub wireless on the boston

It is indeed a wireless sub on the tvee model 30

Keep me posted

John mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Hi John, I've been on the lookout for a soundbar for a while now and these fall within my budget. In terms of sound is there much of a difference between the Yamaha and the Boston. I don't mind the external sub given that it is wireless so this wouldn't make any difference for me between the two, and from what I can see both have the same connectivity option (digital optical input) so it's really down to which sounds better.

you must be reading my mind...that was my next question....:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Hi John, I've been on the lookout for a soundbar for a while now and these fall within my budget. In terms of sound is there much of a difference between the Yamaha and the Boston. I don't mind the external sub given that it is wireless so this wouldn't make any difference for me between the two, and from what I can see both have the same connectivity option (digital optical input) so it's really down to which sounds better.

Hi Ceist,

Both soundbars sound excellent. I prefer the Boston out of the two, very detailed and sounds great for both movies and music. The sub is the icing on the cake. Very compact too so isn't taking up a corner in your room. Also haa bluetooth so very handy for connecting any compatible portable devices.

Also at the £149.95 price it's a steal.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

Ahhh, I'm tempted by one of the Bostons, but I'll defer to the other two guys on the thread first ......

Hi Ceist,

Both soundbars sound excellent. I prefer the Boston out of the two, very detailed and sounds great for both movies and music. The sub is the icing on the cake. Very compact too so isn't taking up a corner in your room. Also haa bluetooth so very handy for connecting any compatible portable devices.

Also at the £149.95 price it's a steal.

Chris

Thanks Chris, I'll take one of the Bostons so, pm sent there now. :D

Hi

I will take the other Boston Sound Bar

Sending PM

Soundbar arrived yesterday, set up last night, now I just need to soundproof the room so I can really blast it out while the kids are asleep! :D Thanks a million Chris for excellent service.

• Advertisement

still waiting for a call....

Must PM again

still waiting for a call....

Must PM again

DT,

apologies for the delay - I know you PM'd Kenny but unfortunately he is on an ill-deserved holidayand I dont have remote access to his mailbox.

If you would like to PM me your contact details I'll get the guys to give you a shout,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc

Hi

Spoke to the lads, can you confirm order is ok, noticed nothing taken from account yet

cheers

Hi

Soundbar arrived today...

Setup in 10mins and what a sound.

The best bit...in 30 seconds had iphone connected via bluetooth and sounds rocking

Thanks for everything

DT

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Intuition

Hi John

Do you have any of the Boston Soundbars left at all ?
    Thanks

Jools

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Intuition wrote: »
    Hi John

Do you have any of the Boston Soundbars left at all ?
    Thanks

Jools

Hi Jools.

Sorry but we have sold our last display Boston Soundbar and no more will be arriving into stock.

Have you looked at the Yamaha Range of Soundbars?

Yamaha YAS101 priced at £174.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/yamaha/yas101/yama-yas101

Yamaha YHTS401 priced at £370.06
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/yamaha/yhts401/yama-yhts401

Let me know if either would suit your needs :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.