Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good deals at the moment on XBOXs?

Options
  • 04-09-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭

So my RRoD XBOX got reballed, and is now gone again after about a week of mild/moderate gameplay. I've been waiting on the repairers to get back to me about fixing it again but figure I might start looking at just getting a new one.

Is there any point going for a non-slim xbox, or should I just focus on the slims? I wouldnt really be bothered about getting a bundle with games, unless it was FIFA13, whenever thats out. Don't fancy waiting on a Black Ops 2 bundle, since my Xbox Live subscription is wasting away at the moment.

Does anyone know of any good deals either online or in bricks and mortar shops?
    Obviously I have controllers and a HDMI cable so won't need them.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I seen that Tesco were selling 120GB Elites for €99?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

ye I heard about that too but I thought it was only in selected stores?
    I rang up my 2 nearest ones and they said they didnt have them. Now whether or not you have to go into Tesco in person or not, I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The_B_Man wrote: »
    So my RRoD XBOX got reballed, and is now gone again after about a week of mild/moderate gameplay.

I highly doubt a reballed console would fail after a week. The usual wave a heat gun over a dead 360 though, yeah, thats about the right time frame.

Well I mentioned this in another thread there, but ye it was a reball. Not a reflow. I paid someone to do it. Presumably they reballed the GPU and now the CPU is gone or something.

Either way, I'm itching for some MW3 this weekend, and if I can't get an XBOX, then it'll be back to the Wii for me!

Presumably they reballed the GPU and now the CPU is gone or something.

If your sure it was 100% a reball done, then yeah, that must be the case. Unlucky :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Well I mentioned this in another thread there, but ye it was a reball. Not a reflow. I paid someone to do it. Presumably they reballed the GPU and now the CPU is gone or something.

Either way, I'm itching for some MW3 this weekend, and if I can't get an XBOX, then it'll be back to the Wii for me!

My commiseration's for your fallen Xbox, I'm gonna check tesco tonight to see if they still have the €99 deal

@justryan, I rang tallaght and dundrum and both said they didnt have it. If you go in in person, let me know. The people working the electronic dept may know better than the one on the reception desk.

Also, I'd forgotten that I actually have a mate who's a manager in tesco, so i got him to ring around a few in the city and they all said they didnt have any for €99.

I've been lookin on adverts for some. Gamestop doesnt really seem like their deals are good. eBay looks dodgy.

Give CEX a shot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

@justryan, I rang tallaght and dundrum and both said they didnt have it. If you go in in person, let me know. The people working the electronic dept may know better than the one on the reception desk.

Also, I'd forgotten that I actually have a mate who's a manager in tesco, so i got him to ring around a few in the city and they all said they didnt have any for €99.

I've been lookin on adverts for some. Gamestop doesnt really seem like their deals are good. eBay looks dodgy.

I wouldn't take their word for it over the phone I rang Tesco Extra in Sallins a while back and the woman didn't know what an Xbox was, will update the thread if I have any luck finding them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just sit tight, when all the big autumn/winter releases come out (FIFA 13, Resi 6, Black Ops 2, Halo 4, Assassins Creed 3, Borderlands 2, WWE 13, Forza Horizon), Amazon will start doing bundle offers, and you'll usually get a 250gb with 2 or 3 new release games (which you can sell for decent money) for the same price most shops charge for just the console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Raladic

Or look on Adverts, there's a good few xbox 360 slim available.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Darragh18

i know im in completely wrong thread purchased a second hand hardrive and and when i connect it to xbox it not being detected but when i connect it via transfer cable it gets detected as 16 gb usb storeage device can someone please help i have been at it for weeks now and rang xbox and there no good either they cant help

Darragh18 wrote: »
    i know im in completely wrong thread purchased a second hand hardrive and and when i connect it to xbox it not being detected but when i connect it via transfer cable it gets detected as 16 gb usb storeage device can someone please help i have been at it for weeks now and rang xbox and there no good either they cant help

Could it be a non-approved hdd inside the enclosure?

More likely someone plugged the hard rive into a PC with the transfer cable and formatted it (why this happens i have no idea but it does) now it shows as a USB storage device

the hardrive was formatted via transfer cable on a computer does anybody know is there a way to restore it back to default easy as am not best with this kind of stuff

Did you format it?

i cant format it through xbox i have tried

No I mean were you the one who formatted it with the PC?

nope i wasnt i purchased through ebay

Advertisement