Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin bus ad - D4 girl

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Hey OP, cheers for uploading that - this is one of the Youtube links... What the fook?!!

I like the sound effects quite a bit, especially the, "Oh Jesus, the traffic's terrible" around 8 minutes in (and no, I haven't watched 8 minutes' worth - I just skipped around the timeline).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Didn't think the bus could get worse, till I started taking the 142 to rathmines for the past 3 mornings. Never doing it again. Those adverts are ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Colmustard wrote: »
    But now everyone knows Compare is an insurance company they have achieved brand awareness and that works.

When someone is looking for insurance and they open the yellow pages or whatever they see Compare are aware what it is and some give it a ring.

You know the business name is "Go Compare" right? ;)

I know that most people know that they're using actors, but still don't like the way the YouTube copy reads like they've just interviewed people on the street:
    At Dublin Bus we've been making improvements to our service. In light of these changes we interviewed some commuters around our city. Check out Derek, Aoife and Steve's thoughts on the bus or play our game through our Facebook page, DublinBusNews, and be in with a chance to win a Leap Card packed with €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭EclipsiumRasa

I might feel better about Dublin Bus advertising if they either had competition or integrated ticketing across all public transport.

Since they've effectively a monopoly its less like advertising and more like outright propaganda. They get handed market dominance and then they go mock the only real alternative anyone has?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

DB need to get their house in order before they start with this type of advertising.

Advertisement