Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Question

• 04-09-2012 7:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys OK Now that we are all back in school Here is a question Currently in 6th year just wondering how the heck are the teachers going to revise for all the 5th year things? Like I lite rely can not remember a thing. Will they like revise themselves at all?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭TheBody

fontdor wrote: »
    Hi Guys OK Now that we are all back in school Here is a question Currently in 6th year just wondering how the heck are the teachers going to revise for all the 5th year things? Like I lite rely can not remember a thing. Will they like revise themselves at all?

Both you and your teachers will probably do revision. You will be surprised how it will all come together in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

We didnt do ANY revision in maths or history; we barely got the history course finished and we didn't really finish the maths course. We didnt do a lot in Irish either. We did the English course twice though and read the business book twice, and did a good bit of geography revision, so it really depends on how fast and good the teacher is.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lauz94

I think working through exam questions from the exam papers is the best way to revise :)Some of my teachers were very fond of the papers,particularly for subjects like biology and geography,exam papers are great to help you revise topics that you haven't looked at for a long time!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

lauz94 wrote: »
    I think working through exam questions from the exam papers is the best way to revise :)Some of my teachers were very fond of the papers,particularly for subjects like biology and geography,exam papers are great to help you revise topics that you haven't looked at for a long time!

Yes I know it is really helpful. But like our Biology teacher for example said that she is not going to do any revision like wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lauz94

Yes I know it is really helpful. But like our Biology teacher for example said that she is not going to do any revision like wtf?[/Quote]j
    Oh I see what you mean :/ How much of the biology course have you done? In our class our teacher aimed to have the course completed by the start of feb,and I think we actually had it finished before christmas,leaving the rest of the time for revision..if you know for sure that your teacher won't be revising topics than it could be a case of having to do the revision yourself..there are some good revision books for biology that give really concise notes..but I can't emphasise enough how useful exam papers are for biology revision..after going over questions you begin to see how some repeat themselves year after year.. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement