Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit Paid - No keys!!

Options
  • 04-09-2012 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi everyone. I have a major problem. I am supposed to be moving into a house with a 12 month contract. there are 4 of us moving in. When we wre viewing the property the estate agent informed us the landlord would prefer professionals. 2 of us are postgraduate students and 2 are working full time.
    we informed her of this straight away. the next morning i rand confirming the house was still on the market. she confirmed. I explained that we would be looking at putting down the deposit.
    The estate agent got very disrespectful, accused me of being a liar for not telling her I was a student etc.. i rang to inform the other people we werent getting the house to discover that 2 mins after I rang one of the guys put down the deposit and "secured the house". the deposit is 1000 euro .
    after that the estate agent said we wouldnt get the keys untill we gathered previous letting agreements. the next day she wanted work references. it is a week today since the deposit was paid. yesterday we brought in all the documentation and she handed them back, questioning the credibility of the documents. today we went in to tell her that we want the keys or deposit now.
    she informed us we couldnt get the deposit if we back out, and we would just have to wait untill she gave the owner the references to decide if we get to sign a lease or not.

I no longer want the house and personally feel astonished at how badly we have been treated.
    we have been emailing everyday about getting the keys but get no reply and
    our phone calls go unanswered. then when we call in in person
    we get sneered at.

We are at our whits end. For 2 of us our previous tenant agreement has ended today.

I am going to contact threshold tomorrow but want to know if legally she can keep the deposit this long , whilst still not sending us a lease.
    so far she just has 1000 euro belong to us.........

help :eek::confused:

Comments

Advertisement