Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change Estate agents?

Options
  • 04-09-2012 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi

I m wondering how to deal with the following situation

My current tenant sadly is moving out at the end of the lease ( for good, valid reasons, sad because she was really nice...anyways) so I called a estate agent to deal with the letting of the house, it is all set up but since the ad has been up I got one update, I got curious and asked a friend of mine to call and see how the agent dealt with the call:

1) My friend called the main agency, she was told to basically have a look at other house (weird since my friend called asking about my house specifically)

2) the agent's mobile is on the add, on calling, my friend asked about my house and the answers she received were short and clipped, not very helpful or really selling the house at all (ie have a new kitchen, modern bathroom, the agent didn't mention any of this)

I m thinking I want to change estate agents, as I think they are not doing a great job, am I expecting too much?

My property is in North Dublin

your feedback appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

Well, the way i see it, you are paying for service, you have tested the service and it is not performing as expected so i would discontinue the service.

I would even tell the agent the story as you have told it here and see what they have to say for themselves.

They clearly do not deserve your custom at all, feel angry for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

+1
    Change agents or better still, if you can manage it your self. Personally, I have very little time for estate agents, good ones are so few and far between. Any complaints to them seem to be like water off a duck's back!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

so I called a estate agent to deal with the letting of the house, it is all set up
    Did you pay the EA any money?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭SomeUnusedName

nope I havent, but they do get a handsome commission

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

nope I havent, but they do get a handsome commission
    Tell them that when you got a friend to test their services you found they were useless, so you're not using them anymore. If they said anything about people have rang them about your house, query "why the funk have you not told me until I rang you?" to shut them up :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement