Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mackie HDR 24/96 help

• 04-09-2012 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Just looking fora few opinions on the best way to transfer files from the unit to the computer. I have had some trouble using the ftp server thats built in. is there a trick to this or is there a better way to go about it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭godfrey

The best way is to use a caddy or carrier type arrangement, so your files can be taken on a removeable drive to a PC with Firewire. Mackie used to make these, and you can also make one up, or have a nose around your local PC World and ask them if they can come up with a solution. This is assuming you have at least 1 removeable drive...

Here's a very useful resource for HDR/MDR/SDR information:

http://www.mackie.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=3&page=1

I have 2 HDR's and 1 MDR, a caddy, Remote24 etc. If you're ever interested in buying any of it, send me a message.

Hope this helps...

g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭DogfoxCork

thanks for the reply, i have 2 removeable drives, only 1 works though. i understand the procedure to transfer via a caddy would be to transfer the project onto the external drive and then remove and attach to the caddy? have had trouble with a project becoming corrupt after trying to transfer via ftp server. i dont mind waiting for it to transfer at all, i just want something that i know will work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭godfrey

As far as I know, most people have had trouble using the FTP method for anything other than very small transfers, eg: just a small number of short files. It's very slow too. I tried it in the early days and abandoned it as I mostly record gigs for people, then give them the files to mix elsewhere, so we're talking full drives of 20G and more.

As for only 1 of your drives working, this could be 1 of 3 things:
    Incorrect jumper settings (it should be in master mode)
    A drive larger then 30G (unless you have the revised BIOS, this machine doesn't recognise drives over 30G)
    A faulty drive

As I suggested before, see if you can get a used caddy, or, get someone to make something to do the job. The drive inside the carrier is a standard IDE (I think) drive and will connect to last generation PC's easily, or all PC's with a Firewire interface in between.

Lastly, have a look through that Mackie forum, it's only a fraction of it's original size now, as these machines are pretty much obsolete, but Mike Rivers there is a very helpful guy and you should try get a hold of his book & CD also...

g

Advertisement