Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from AH again because of boards.ie error

Options
  • 04-09-2012 8:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

I've been banned for another two weeks. The first ban didn't stop me from making a positive contribution to the forum due to a "technical error" so now I have to serve the full ban all over again. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

flash1080 wrote: »
    I've been banned for another two weeks. The first ban didn't stop me from making a positive contribution to the forum due to a "technical error" so now I have to serve the full ban all over again. :mad:
    Actually, no, you don't have to serve the full ban all over again, you have to serve it for the first time.

Due to whatever glitch, your ban didn't stick and you could post away ... and you did post away, despite knowing that you were supposed to have been banned; despite having been assured of that fact directly by one of the Admins posting in this very forum, in fact.

You didn't exactly put your hand up and say "lads, think there's a problem here, I'm supposed to be banned".

You know, if you had, if you had shown a bit of honesty and integrity, you might have been shown of leeway as a result.

But you didn't. You were happy enough to post away, thinking it wouldn't be noticed.

But it was, and the 2 week ban which you were originally supposed to be serving was re-imposed *by an Admin*, and he sent you a PM explaining that.

So why are we here?

This thread is a waste of your time and our time, and abuses the purpose of this forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

Actually, no, you don't have to serve the full ban all over again, you have to serve it for the first time.

Due to whatever glitch, your ban didn't stick and you could post away ... and you did post away, despite knowing that you were supposed to have been banned; despite having been assured of that fact directly by one of the Admins posting in this very forum, in fact.

You didn't exactly put your hand up and say "lads, think there's a problem here, I'm supposed to be banned".

You know, if you had, if you had shown a bit of honesty and integrity, you might have been shown of leeway as a result.

But you didn't. You were happy enough to post away, thinking it wouldn't be noticed.

But it was, and the 2 week ban which you were originally supposed to be serving was re-imposed *by an Admin*, and he sent you a PM explaining that.

So why are we here?

This thread is a waste of your time and our time, and abuses the purpose of this forum.
    After initially discovering I could still post in AH I made one or two posts out of curiosity (who wouldn't?!), and then subsequently observed the ban by not posting, showing a bit of "honesty and integrity" :rolleyes:.

Why should I do a moderators job for them? They should've spotted it straight away, not the day after the ban was lifted two weeks later. I'm getting banned again because of their incompetence. Rather than acknowledging their mistake they blame a "technical error", rather than acknowledge that I stopped posting in AH after the initial curiosity wore off they say the whole ban needs to be re-imposed, it's disingenuous and disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

After initially discovering I could still post in AH I made one or two posts out of curiosity (who wouldn't?!), and then subsequently observed the ban by not posting, showing a bit of "honesty and integrity" :rolleyes:
    Actually 16 posts over a period of 8 days. A great deal of curiosity!
    Why should I do a moderators job for them?
    It's not a job. All mods are volunteers.

And I'm afraid that if you don't understand the answer to your question, I doubt that I would ever be able to explain it to you.

As far as I am concerned, you are now serving the ban you should have served two weeks ago, and that is perfectly fair.

If r3nu4l feels differently, he as an Admin has the final say.

But given that he re-imposed the ban himself, I suspect that is unlikely to happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

Actually 16 posts over a period of 8 days. A great deal of curiosity!

It's not a job. All mods are volunteers.

And I'm afraid that if you don't understand the answer to your question, I doubt that I would ever be able to explain it to you.

As far as I am concerned, you are now serving the ban you should have served two weeks ago, and that is perfectly fair.

If r3nu4l feels differently, he as an Admin has the final say.

But given that he re-imposed the ban himself, I suspect that is unlikely to happen.
    You're really being pedantic saying it's not a job. Yes, it's volunteer work, but they still have responsibilities in the role. The ban has grown from 1 week (unjustified at that) into over 4 weeks because of moderators' incompetence and pettiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

You're really being pedantic saying it's not a job. Yes, it's volunteer work, but they still have responsibilities in the role. The ban has grown from 1 week (unjustified at that) into over 4 weeks because of moderators' incompetence and pettiness.

Incompetence? No, it was a technical error and one that the development team are working on. It was an error that you took advantage of instead of showing any honesty or integrity. Your original ban was not served and has been instituted now. End of story.

So let this be an end to the personal insults or you will find yourself removed from the site entirely for one month.

The ban stays. Issue resolved, even if not to your satisfaction.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement