Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first time parents... whats needed??

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

audi12 wrote: »
    Bit late to be asking surprise was it

Bit late to be responding to a post made over a month ago. Don't even think for one minute you can bring your unique posting style to this forum. Participate and be helpful - fine. Trolling - not so fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

Orion wrote: »
    Bit late to be responding to a post made over a month ago. Don't even think for one minute you can bring your unique posting style to this forum. Participate and be helpful - fine. Trolling - not so fine.

I dont have children so il bow out from the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

lazygal wrote: »
    Breastfed poo (can't even believe I'm posting this) doesn't smell. It's from breastmilk which is easily digested and doesn't have anything offensive in it that would smell!

That's kinda gross and useful at the same time!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Beanybabog wrote: »
    That's kinda gross and useful at the same time!! :-)

Gross and useful sums up most parenting advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Ah lads I don't know both mine had smelly poos while not as offensive as others it still smelled! And while C had some formula until about 6 weeks S had none ever. S's in particular was awful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

I recommend when buying your stroller and travel set if you need a car seat, make sure it come with an isofix base. I didn't even know what they were with my first so when my stroller came with a standard car seat I just went with it. Such a pain strapping it in each time you get in the car. Not great for your back either. With the isofix it just pops in and out so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Orangetaster85

Hi everyone! Just found out I'm expecting our first child. I'm a bit confused ! why does it go by the first day of your last period? If you know the day you have actually conceived? Well , day or two after ovulation.. surly that's why everybody goes over.. It's two weeks too early?! am I missing something !!?? Also, when is it time to make appointment with doctor?
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Hi everyone! Just found out I'm expecting our first child. I'm a bit confused ! why does it go by the first day of your last period? If you know the day you have actually conceived? Well , day or two after ovulation.. surly that's why everybody goes over.. It's two weeks too early?! am I missing something !!?? Also, when is it time to make appointment with doctor? Thank you!

Congratulations! Make an appointment with your GP to confirm ASAP and get on the books for your hospital appointment.
    Have a look on here for Due your month 2017. I'm in the February 2017 group and it's great chatting with people going through the same things at the sameish time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

stickybean wrote: »
    What nappy bin did you get Gaticia? We were looking at one with twisted bags... can't for the life of me think of the name of it...

Sorry for late reply, just saw this. We got the Tommee Tippee one for 20 euro at baby event in Lidl. It's got integrated bin liner, like sausage packing, just cut off ends end tie to dispose every time it fills up. Will need to get refill bags though.

Advertisement