Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what tie suits a grey suit, black shirt

• 04-09-2012 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

iv just bought a slim fit grey suit with a black trim on the outside of the suit jacket, its a black shirt with a bit of red around the button holes.

im wondering what colour slim tie would go with this suit, i was thinking of a charcoal coloured shoe aswell. just a side note im a ginger so not every colour i can wear :D

and any other suggestions would be welcome even a shirt colour change

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

If you're brave enough, pink goes amazingly well with grey! My dude wore a pink tie with his dark suit and black shirt to a wedding recently and it really lifted the outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭tomgaa

pink on a ginger kid??????? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Ah you can't let hair colour dictate what you wear! :)

just always stay away from pink and really bright colours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Why not go for a shiny or metallic grey tie just to give the outfit a lift or bit of edge. The image below gives you an idea. I went to my sister's wedding last month and had a similar grey suit with black piping around the edge and wore a skinny grey tie but with a white shirt. I got lots of compliments. A black shirt would look well as shown below.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCYchZojrVaL0SmmgoDax63NdTwMr28dVifsn5gqU0Ru3-zbMu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I like cool gold ties with dark/grey shirts. By cool gold I mean a gold that isn't too yellowy, not a "cool"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I would, considering there is already a bit of read on the shirt, stay firmly on black-white color pallet and wear black shoes as well. In my opinion this is the style that works best using as little color as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jeanadamz

I think if your suit is light gray, dark and striking colors ties will fit on it. A solid silk ties would be the accent of your suit. But always remember that you should also consider the inner shirt worn.

cheers for all your replys guys and gals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

You could consider wearing no tie at all. Or replace the tie with a red, black or grey pocket square. Lots of options!

• Advertisement
Advertisement