Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plane flying sites in / around Dublin

Options
  • 04-09-2012 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hey guys,

long story short - I am looking for good spots to fly / testfly my scratchbuild foam creations without getting into the whole (You have to be part of a club and get mocked for flying electrics). I want to be able to to it at my own pace in some peace and quiet with the wife.

Problem I have faced is this. Was told by OPW ranger that i cannot fly in Phoenix Park unless I have a license e.g. be a member of that club that flies close to papal cross? Pardon me, I am not going to pay a cent for this type of rubbish... (It is my hobby!) I tried to talk to some guys there and got halfway mocked for having electrics...

Now take into consideration that some of my scratchbuilds can easily go above the 100mph mark! Back on serious topic (enough epeen swinging) - any advice on some nice flying sites one can visit and ideally have a good time without annoying too many people. (I'd fly in a club but they are all just too snobby! - grow up and get new blood... )

I am an intermediate / advanced pilot with some 3d skills as well. So I am really just looking where to go and relax, some nice spots etc. Most of my builds will do nice soaring as well.

Comments

Advertisement