Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Analytics stopped working

Options
  • 04-09-2012 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

Hi. I hope this is the right place to post this question. Google analytics has stopped working for me. I had a look this evening and it appears to have stopped sending date since 25th June. How do I get it working again and have I lost all the data since that date?
    Thanks in advance
    GB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

What's the website address ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

GB - looks as if you dont have any tracking code on that site currently

You have to put in the tracking code.

C

blue4ever wrote: »
    GB - looks as if you dont have any tracking code on that site currently

You have to put in the tracking code.

C
    Thanks blue4ever. That's really strange, it was working perfectly until 25th June. Would it just disappear like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

As blue said , no code present.

Did you update your software or template ?

• Advertisement

jhegarty wrote: »
    As blue said , no code present.

Did you update your software or template ?
    Nope. I don't think so. What can I do to fix it? Sorry, not very up on all this sort of thing :confused:

In to your analytics page where you (used to) see your data
    Then, on the near top right of that page you'll see "Admin"
    In there - on the upper tabs click the tracking code tab.
    At the bottom of that page you'll see the code in a panel copy that and paste it into say, notepad, just to keep it handy.

Then you have to go to your wordpress admin - into templates and edit probably your header file to insert that.

the last bit is a bit more difficult as it varies for setup to setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,945 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

blue4ever wrote: »
    In to your analytics page where you (used to) see your data
    Then, on the near top right of that page you'll see "Admin"
    In there - on the upper tabs click the tracking code tab.
    At the bottom of that page you'll see the code in a panel copy that and paste it into say, notepad, just to keep it handy.

Then you have to go to your wordpress admin - into templates and edit probably your header file to insert that.

the last bit is a bit more difficult as it varies for setup to setup.

Are you sure that Wordpress (or some kind-hearted non-spamming 3rd party) don't provide a plug-in for Analytics????

Sheesh, even Blogger lets us install it by just putting publisher-id into a Settings entry these days.

OP Your data since 25 June is gone. More correctly, it was never collected (assuming that was when the template change that took out the tracking code was applied). In future, I'd suggest checking it at least weekly.

Yea - there are a few plugins for analytics

Here's a failrly straightforward one

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/insert-headers-and-footers/

edit:

here's a few more

http://stylizedweb.com/2010/06/03/5-rocking-google-analytics-plugins-for-wordpress/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 brianbaru

Just go to plugins, add new, search for Google analytics, the #1 should be called just that, "Google analytics". Add that. Go to settings/google analytics and stick in your code, thats it. You should start to get info quickly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement