Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OtterBox Vs Griffin

• 04-09-2012 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi All

I want to buy a outdoor case for my iPad 3 but can't make up my mind between the Otterbox Defender or the Griffin Survivor. I'm swaying towards the Survivor but I concerned that the back camera will be a pain to use as its covered. Would I have to hold back the little cover every time I wanted to take a pic?? :confused:

If anyone has used this cases I would love to hear your reviews

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

I have the otter box.... it's bulletproof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

I have the iPad 2 so I don't know if the same case will do

I have the griffin
    It's bulletproof too
    It's been dropped onto tiled & timber floors and stood on by a 2 yr old
    The screen cover is something that was weird at 1st but 6 months down the road it's great for sticky hands and fingers
    The camera cover peels back and a little rubber knob on it can be fixed to another hole to keep it open
    I had to look to check as I never use the camera tend to use the iPhone camera

Super cover
    Adds weight only bad point
    Takes kids punishment

I weighed up these 2 covers myself in April and picked the griffin..... I think because of the screen protector and as some reviews of the otterbox had said it wasn't as good as their other products

Saying that I have an otterbox commuter iphone case and couldnt fault it really
    I have recommended it to 3 other family members also

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jdonagh

I have the otter box.... it's bulletproof

It does look an excellent case, I like the way it doubles up as a stand.
    soundsham wrote: »
    I have the iPad 2 so I don't know if the same case will do

I have the griffin
    It's bulletproof too
    It's been dropped onto tiled & timber floors and stood on by a 2 yr old
    The screen cover is something that was weird at 1st but 6 months down the road it's great for sticky hands and fingers
    The camera cover peels back and a little rubber knob on it can be fixed to another hole to keep it open
    I had to look to check as I never use the camera tend to use the iPhone camera

Super cover
    Adds weight only bad point
    Takes kids punishment

I weighed up these 2 covers myself in April and picked the griffin..... I think because of the screen protector and as some reviews of the otterbox had said it wasn't as good as their other products

Saying that I have an otterbox commuter iphone case and couldnt fault it really
    I have recommended it to 3 other family members also

Ah mystery solved! :D I was hoping it was something like that. I do like the way the Griffin covers all ports.

Thanks for the great review, Griffin survivor it is :)
    I have found one in HMV blanch, the misses is picking it up for me tonight. When I fit it I'll let you know what I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

I had the Otterbox defender and it didn't survive my daughter playing with it and resulted in a hefty repair.

I now have the Griffin Survivor and its brillant. It is special needs child proof. I think that says it all really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I've the Survivor - I can't say it's got any kind of a battering but I thought I'd buy a good tough piece of kit.

I got an exceptionally cheap deal on Amazon - I think it's the cheapest place to get these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Gekko wrote: »
    I've the Survivor - I can't say it's got any kind of a battering but I thought I'd buy a good tough piece of kit.

I got an exceptionally cheap deal on Amazon - I think it's the cheapest place to get these.

I agree. The price is about €12.50 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Griffin-Survivor-Military-Tested-iPhone/dp/B004R97CXI

Its €40 on Apple.ie & some other sites :eek:

http://ie.mobilefun.com/28020-griffin-survivor-case-for-iphone-4s-4---black.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

He wants it for the iPad 3 not an iPhone.

About 30 euros delivered on Amazon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

My otterbox for the iphone has been disappointing. The little rubber lid for the ear piece broke off after about 18 months and the outer casing cracked around the speakers.

It's tough and rugged, but certainly not bulletproof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

mdwexford wrote: »
    He wants it for the iPad 3 not an iPhone.

About 30 euros delivered on Amazon.

Ah sh1t. That's what i get for not reading the OP correctly :o

Advertisement