Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant ideas for anniversary dinner

Options
  • 04-09-2012 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi there

Myself and my husband have booked a weekend in Dublin for our Annivesary. We are staying near St Stephens Green and we are looking for restaurant suggestion for the Saturday night.

Ideally we are looking for something a bit special and romantic. We are willing to push the boat out but just want to make sure it's worth it. We would like something central enough so we wouldn't be relying on taxis.

We pretty much eat anything so any suggestions welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Thorntons
    Or L'Ecrivain.

Or if your budget is not for them how about Odessa (downstairs!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Hiitsme

Shanahan's on the Green is great for a special occasion but its very expensive. I heard a while back they are doing an early bird menu ... so that might be worth looking into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Pearl Brasserie on Merrion Row is not far from the Green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

Shanahan's (think steaks) is right on the Green, special but a little expensive.

L'Ecrivain (in season local produce) is slightly further down on Baggot St but has a great ambience and the staff work hard to take care of you.

Diep Le Shaker (exquisite Thai cuisine) is tucked away on Pembroke Lane, food is delicious, cocktails incredible and the surroundings are salubrious without being stuffy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Sabor Brazil big time - the most romantic, loveliest restaurant I've ever been in!

Also nice - Dax and Pearl Brasserie.

Fire @ Mansion House has lovely food, but a bit like a cattle mart :o

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Thanks for all the tips.

I have heard great things about Sabor Brazil it's rated number 1 on trip advisor and like the fact that it's a little different. But did get a wee shock when saw the tasting menu was 90 a head was wondering is there a cheaper option was just thinking that would be 180 before u have a glass of wine!!!! Oh to be really rich

I also saw locks brassiere and saw a few good reviews and see it's a sister of Pearl Brassiere menu looks good and reasonably priced Have any of you guys been?

WTF?! I just went on their website now, and yes seems they only do a tasting menu for €100 :eek: :eek: :eek: Is that it?! when we were there, we just had a normal 3 course meal, they had a la carte, etc and it wasn't really expensive...wowwww...can see them losing customers cos of this big time!

Haven't been to Locks but if it's a sister of Pearl you can't go far wrong :)

One Pico's also supposed to be nice too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

been to brasserie du pont twice recently - loved the little private booths. not too expensive either

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

amtc wrote: »
    been to brasserie du pont twice recently - loved the little private booths. not too expensive either

You also have marco pierre whites on dawson street, near the green. The shelbourne hotel too, it has a few top restaurants. El bahir, morrocan for something different on south william street. There are so many restaurants in the city centre its hard to pick just a few! If you havent looked, checkout www.menupages.ie lists a good 1500 places in Dublin. Enjoy your evening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

The Chameleon restaurant in Temple Bar has amazing food and the atmosphere is lovely. I brought my mam there for her 60th.

http://www.chameleonrestaurant.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I've had some lovely nights at The Cedar Tree, it's a Lebanese restaurant on South William Street. There's also good eats at Yamamori on George's Street.

May not be fancy enough for what you have in mind, but I've never had a bad meal in either place.

The Cedar Tree is really yummy :)

It's not in city centre, but 15 minutes on the Luas from Stephen's Green - Ananda in Dundrum. It's an Indian and it's just fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

God DON'T go to the Cedar Tree! not romantic at all and your crammed into their little basement, food is mediocre and overpriced for what you get! Just my experience anyway.

Shanahans is something special but highly debatable whether 'its worth it'. Marco Pierre White's Steakhouse could be an option if your after steak?

Went to the Rustic Stone with the missus only last week and really enjoyed it, not particularly romantic though?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mohananv

I'd recommend 777 on George's Street if you want some good authentic Mexican Food. I wouldn't call it romantic, but the vibe is really friendly and inviting and the food is absolutely delicious. They also do a tasting tray of tequila if you're interested! Unfortunately they don't do reservations, so you have to try your luck when you turn up. However, we only waited a short while to get a seat.

Rustic Stone across the road is great as well with some very friendly waiting staff (food was great as well!), followed by Darwins if you want steak.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,347 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

La Mere Zou, Nonna Valentina, Locke's, L'Geueleton, Cliff House on the Green..

Just saw a great deal for Sabor Brazil on Dealrush today...the tasting menu for 2 people for €100!

http://www.dealrush.ie/deal.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

was in 37 last week and it was great.

Advertisement