Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise near Ongar this evening

Options
  • 04-09-2012 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭

Theres a noise a bit like a cross between a jet engine and a chopper coming from Ongar dirrction for the last few hours, in fact ive heard it since i got home at 7. its not as loud as a jet or anything but its got more noticeable since nightfall. Anyone know if its roadworks or summat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I didn't hear that particular noise but what I'm noticing more and more is the boy racers using the main Ongar road (between the Barnwell Hansfield and Ongar developments) as their practice ground during the ungodly hours of 2, 3 and 4am on any night of the week waking me and no doubt many others in the process.

Whatever about them driving at lunatic speeds, why the hell do they have to soup up the engines to those ridiculous noise levels? Someone was killed at one of those roundabouts a few years back engaging in that very behaviour but that seems to be lost on the current clowns who have no consideration for people trying to get sleep before they have to get up early the next morning for another long hard day at work...maybe that's the difference...those wasters don't have to get up and work as the taxes we pay subsidise them...and their cars!

Sorry, didn't mean to rant so much!

Advertisement