Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How far is Malahide from Belfield (UCD)

Options
  • 04-09-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

I'm gonna to be attending UCD but have not been able to get accommodation and have relatives in Malahide that I can stay with (I'm from Cork). Would it be possible to commute from there? is there regular bus service links etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+far+is+Malahide+from+Belfield+(UCD)

or being more helpful:
    http://goo.gl/maps/pACRU 21km give or take, a nice easy flat cycle or DART from Malahide to Sydney Parade or Booterstown and 20 min walk.

There are bound to be buses, not sure which though, probably expresso (32x) at rush hour or 42etc and 46a / 145 to just outside UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

As CM said, DART to Sydney Parade and either walk or get the 27x/47 bus up.

Check irishrail.ie for DART timetables and dublinbus.ie for bus timetables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

It's actually a lot faster to get the Dart as far as Tara/Pearse and then take a 461/145/39a out to UCD than it is to go as far as Sydney Parade and walk according to two people in my course from Malahide and Portmarnock.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cocaholic

It's actually a lot faster to get the Dart as far as Tara/Pearse and then take a 461/145/39a out to UCD than it is to go as far as Sydney Parade and walk according to two people in my course from Malahide and Portmarnock.

On a estimate, how long long would it take? like 40 mins or more?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Dart from Malahide to Sydney Parade is about 45 mins then 10 mins walk up Nutley lane to UCD

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

uch wrote: »
    Dart from Malahide to Sydney Parade is about 45 mins then 10 mins walk up Nutley lane to UCD

2.2km walk in 10 minutes is unrealistic unless OP is a serious athlete and doesn't get held up at any of the junctions across quite busy roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Marcusm wrote: »
    2.2km walk in 10 minutes is unrealistic unless OP is a serious athlete and doesn't get held up at any of the junctions across quite busy roads.

You've only to cross at 2 junctions, with Pedestrian crossings, so no real delay there.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

uch wrote: »
    You've only to cross at 2 junctions, with Pedestrian crossings, so no real delay there.

Ok, leaving the junctions aside you think it's usual to walk at a rate of 1 mile in 7 mins 20 seconds?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Marcusm wrote: »
    Ok, leaving the junctions aside you think it's usual to walk at a rate of 1 mile in 7 mins 20 seconds?

lol

7kph is good going on flat footpaths I reckon. that's a km every 8.5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

To get to the front main entrance of UCD takes 18mins, probably can be done in 15 walking briskly.

However to get to the lake it takes 21-22mins, steady pace.

• Advertisement
Advertisement