Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combi - Power Tools

Options
  • 04-09-2012 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi ther Looking for a recommendation on a good quality combi power tool.

Would like electric sander / jigsaw / cordless drill connection.

Any recommendations. Thinking in terms of meduim duty woodworking

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭richiek67

Not sure I'd go near combi. Why do you particularly want this make? Could you afford a bit better and what do you see yourself doing mostly?
    I'd be going for Bosch if it was me...

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭observer2u

Sorry - I might have mis-represented myself. I am looking for a one of those multi-purpose tools (i.e can be a sander / jigsaw / drill) multi-function, quick change type tools.

I am open to advise as to a particular model or brand.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

I got the new Panasonic combi set with drill and jigsaw it was undecided before I bought it and I have to say its a savage bit of kit. I don't know if they do a sander now. A corded jiggy will aswell be better but I'd never get rid of what I have either there so handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

observer2u wrote: »
    Hi ther Looking for a recommendation on a good quality combi power tool.

Would like electric sander / jigsaw / cordless drill connection.

Any recommendations. Thinking in terms of meduim duty woodworking

They seem attractive but they are not exactly cheap.Makita do a good range of kits.
    The trouble is you will find yourself constantly changing the tool during a job and it gets frustrating after a while.
    I'd research the best tool in each catagory and buy as you need them.
    Remember a budget tool will give you a few years of frustration before giving up but a quality tool should last a lifetime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Lidl/Parkside Power tools are good and at a great price too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement