Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom/vodafone switchover

Options
  • 04-09-2012 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

I have requested to switch my line and broadband from vodafone to eircom.
    seven day cooling off period eircom emailed me to say that my line had been switched and all of my calls were now through eircom and that BB would be changed in the next few days. This was on the 16th August. I recieved my new Modem a week ago and as of yet still not connect to the internet as after waiting 1 hour to get through to a cust service rep i was told my switch over had not been completed and would be few more days. Still no change today. Can anybody shed some light on how long this usually takes please???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

I have requested to switch my line and broadband from vodafone to eircom.
    seven day cooling off period eircom emailed me to say that my line had been switched and all of my calls were now through eircom and that BB would be changed in the next few days. This was on the 16th August. I recieved my new Modem a week ago and as of yet still not connect to the internet as after waiting 1 hour to get through to a cust service rep i was told my switch over had not been completed and would be few more days. Still no change today. Can anybody shed some light on how long this usually takes please???

Hi emergingstar,

The timeframes originally quoted are correct (5 working days for broadband after line is connected) but obviously there's something delaying the order for you. I'll be able to confirm a lot more and chase it with the relevant department if you PM me the account number. If the modem was delivered that means the broadband order is definitely in process as the modem is not sent until the broadband appears on our system. Send either the account or landline number in a PM and I'll look into it for you.

Thanks

James

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Thanks alot PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Thanks alot PM sent

Hi emergingstar,

Thanks for the PM, have been able to get the order moving for you now. There was a small error in the system which resulted in the order stalling. The reason for the delay is due to the fact that the new broadband order requires the line to be switched to a different port in the exchange. This should have been assigned to a tech automatically but it never flowed through the ordering system.

I now have this assigned to a tech and have explained the delays to them so we should be up an running very soon. I want to say it should be done tomorrow but I can't confirm until they get back to me. Should be early next week at the very latest though. I have also done some speed tests on already active lines in the area and the general speed seems to be up to about 15mb.

Will let you know as soon as I get an update.

Regards

James

Thanks for reply for been very helpful
    Be nice to have it sorted

Just wondering, will i get an update on this sometime this week

• Advertisement
Advertisement