Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

health insurance....GLO Health

Options
  • 04-09-2012 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

renewing health insurance soon,,,,2 of us -30 yr old, no kids, 400e difference between our package with Avivia....similar package but Glo health the cheaper of the 2 is offering more! Can anyone shed any light /advice on how good this new GLo insurance is???? Any feedback please.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I thought they were expensive when I looked last week. check out hia.ie

I moved myself and wife to simply health excess and son to starter from company care choice. we saved money. kept a 1€ excess and have a similar policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

I've looked at Glo as well and they do seem very good. Unfortunately I'm on the HealthManager Silver package with Laya and Glo don't seem to have an equivalent of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BDS09

I switched from Aviva level 2 hospital two weeks ago to Glo's best plan, saved over €260. You get 3 free packages with it, like travel insurance, sports cover & eye care package, which seems to be where the difference is against the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tommytwotimes

Glo Health gives you policies which have basic cover and then if you want to add on extra benefits then this increases the cost.
    You need to play around with it and compare the cover you have with the equivalent that they are offering you.
    Did this when they first came in to the market and there was a difference of about 5 euro per month for us and some of the benefits were not the same, so we stayed with Aviva.
    That was for 2 adults and 2 kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CCFROM

Laya healthcare have a plan if you live in dublin, its called Aspire and comes with three months free. I think is €1290 for two adults at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

BDS09 wrote: »
    I switched from Aviva level 2 hospital two weeks ago to Glo's best plan, saved over €260. You get 3 free packages with it, like travel insurance, sports cover & eye care package, which seems to be where the difference is against the others.

You couldn't have saved €260 as the price for existing customers is cheaper for that plan! There are lots of plans from AVIVA, LAYA and VHI that are better than Glo's "Best" plan. Why would you pay €1,025 for a health plan that does not even give any money back for vists to the gp?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BDS09

broker2008 wrote: »
    You couldn't have saved €260 as the price for existing customers is cheaper for that plan! There are lots of plans from AVIVA, LAYA and VHI that are better than Glo's "Best" plan. Why would you pay €1,025 for a health plan that does not even give any money back for vists to the gp?

Yes, your right, it was €266.30 actually and here's the HIA comparison of each - http://www.hia.ie/ci/comparison/step3?23&299&current=23/ No GP visits covered on Level 2 hospital either.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

That price from the HIA website is only for a new customer. How could you "switch from Aviva" when that price is only for a new customer! That was not the price that you received on the renewal note.

Laya charge €878 for similar cover to Glo's best plan. Tatranska got a plan with gp cover cheaper than what you are paying with Glo for a plan with no gp cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Make sure you ask for the corporate plan prices too

Available of course for company schemes but must be made available on request to everyone.

May save you a few quid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement