Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet provider terminating contract (Imagien WiMax)

• 04-09-2012 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have a 12 month contract with a broadband provider, in this case Imagine WiMax. They called me and basically said they have to "upgrade" services in my area, and because I live in an apartment, the upgrade is not available and they have to cancel the service at the end of this month.

My contract is not over. If I terminated the contract I would pay a 100 EUR fee. Isn't the contract with both parties, and can they really terminate it without any penalty whereas the customer would have to pay a penalty?

Does anyone know if I have any options here, can I push them to give me some sort of refund or early termination fee?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd be pushing for something, did you pay €150 for the equipment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I'd be pushing for something, did you pay €150 for the equipment?

I second this. They are the one that are cancelling your contract using some upgrade for an excuse, something not mentioned anywhere on their website. So you should get all fees installation,equipment rental. etc. If you're also paying them by direct debit it would be best to inform your bank just in case they continue to try to charge the monthly service fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

What does it say in the T&C's of the contract you signed with them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They are obviously upgrading nothing but abandoning the mast. They should buy the Wimax unit back at the full price. Read this > http://www.imagine.ie/code_of_practice.html and send in a formal complaint by email and cc that to consumerline@comreg.ie

Advertisement