Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logo high resolution for car signage

Options
  • 04-09-2012 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Looking to get my company car "painted" over with some signs,logo and additional information.
    I will like to get ,for example,"Microsoft Registered Partner" or "HP Business partner" logos on the car.
    The crowd that does the car are saying that the pictures that i've sent it over are too small and it will look heavily pixelated on the car,when transfer done.

Any ideea where can i get these logo,with high resolution,please !?
    Looking for:

Microsoft
    CA
    Symantec
    Sonicwall
    HP
    IBM
    VMware

Also,do i need any special written premission from them to get the logo displayed on the side of the car !??

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Check out copyright laws and trademarks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Check out copyright laws and trademarks

Thanks.

I am a registered business partner with them,possible i don't see a problem with legality ,just if is any special requirements such as size,format,colour and so on...
    At the end,i've seen a lot of websites displaying those logos so i don't think the big guys really mind getting some free advertising !??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Try http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/ they have free vector logos of most major brands. Don't try and open them just pass them onto your display people and get them to deal with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ROSSKI

rolion wrote: »
    Hello,

Looking to get my company car "painted" over with some signs,logo and additional information.
    I will like to get ,for example,"Microsoft Registered Partner" or "HP Business partner" logos on the car.
    The crowd that does the car are saying that the pictures that i've sent it over are too small and it will look heavily pixelated on the car,when transfer done.

Any ideea where can i get these logo,with high resolution,please !?
    Looking for:

Microsoft
    CA
    Symantec
    Sonicwall
    HP
    IBM
    VMware

Also,do i need any special written premission from them to get the logo displayed on the side of the car !??

Thanks in advance...

The sign company should have them or have access to them - even do a google search for them in google images and set the search to high resolution and you will get them no problem - re the use it depends what you are using them for but again the sign company should advise on this.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Usually as a trusted partner they would have sent login details to a website whereby you can gain access to marketing material and/or high res images which are designed for that purpose.

Perhaps drop them an email.

In the meantime Google search using advanced settings (on the right) can yield high res images.

EG https://www.scss.tcd.ie/internships/symantec/symanteclogo.jpg
    3706 x 977

best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Setting aside the copyright issues, what you need are vector versions of the logos.

A vector is a 'map' of coordinated points using geometric data such as lines, points, curves etc. It allows for the logo to be shown to any scale without stretching or pixelating the image.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 splash123

Try www.brandsoftheworld.com or www.seeklogo.com
    They have vector versions of the logos that can be scaled up to any size

Advertisement