Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are book clubs any use?

Options
  • 04-09-2012 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Does anybody here attend a regular book club? I've often thought about it but then I think the idea of it seems a bit silly to me. I also imagine that it's mostly women go to these groups. I read quite a bit and now and again I find a book I'd love to discuss with others (doesn't happen often though).

So, any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Hey, I used to go to the boards book club before I left Ireland. I don’t know about nowadays but it definitely wasn’t mostly women! I found it good fun, you could talk about the book as much as you wanted, but when that was exhausted (sometimes 10 mins, sometimes a lot longer!) you could talk about any other books that you were reading, or anything else really! It is nice to have some people to recommend a book to that might actually read it!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054958222&page=27

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Book club meetings are a bit like books in my opinion; some are good, some are bad, but there's always a sense of relief when you finish them. :)

If either of the books we're reading in the next while appeal to you feel free to pop in and test the waters; there's about an even distribution of guys and girls in the club.

Advertisement