Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

61,832e the beat goes on

Options
  • 05-09-2012 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Councillor in this town that has about 4 streets gets paid this much i give up
    off to the welfare for me and st vincent de paul and all the rest that are handin it out.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

gassdfres wrote: »
    off to the welfare for me and st vincent de paul and all the rest that are handin it out.:confused:
    What??????

He's talking about this

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gassdfres

over 200 a day in wages to float around the town {just decided id float around it to for 30 dole a day}just sick of working for not alot rant over . no such luck though will have to soldier on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

over 200 a day in wages to float around the town {just decided id float around it to for 30 dole a day}just sick of working for not alot rant over . no such luck though will have to soldier on

When I get back to Galway maybe some of us on here could arrange a protest on a Saturday so people that are working can go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I suggest checking out the back to education allowance as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Wompa1 wrote: »

When I get back to Galway maybe some of us on here could arrange a protest on a Saturday so people that are working can go.

Jeez Wompa, make sure you arrive back on a Friday so you can stock up on groceries, medicine, fuel, drink, clothing etc. Wouldn't want you searching around the ghost town that is Galway on a Saturday for essentials when we are all having our day off ;-)

scratcher 188 fuel allowance 20 rent allowance 60 minimum. 500 for books in my new course. few hampers off vincent happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

OP, how much do you think the mayor should be paid for doing a job that has some very anti-social hours, and seven-day weeks lots of the time? Remember, this is a person who cannot walk into their local convenience store for milk without people stopping them to complain about the issue of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

JustMary wrote: »
    OP, how much do you think the mayor should be paid for doing a job that has some very anti-social hours, and seven-day weeks lots of the time? Remember, this is a person who cannot walk into their local convenience store for milk without people stopping them to complain about the issue of the day.

about the same as Billy Cameron who runs his own post office so is harassed more and is far more accessible than Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

they knew the situation when they "signed up". Im sure they can take it, given the wages, junkets, expenses, etc they are availing of. Plus all the freebees that they probably have no problem taking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I'm not a fan of overpaid politicians, buts its a bit much for the OP to complain that he is on 30 a day whereas the councillor is on 200 a day considering that the councillor is in paid employment and the OP is not. Which is the lesser of the two evils, to give a local politican 60k a year of public money or give someone sitting around doing nothing 11k a year of public money. IMO both sides are getting too much. I suggest to the OP a proportionate cut of both his "pay" and the councillors pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Another Crowe thread, i actually quite enjoy these. They are some small compensation for having to put up with him in real life.

Quite how a man so clearly lacking in intelligence, charm, wit, social skills, media savvy, dress sense, timing and all round likability has managed to remain in public office for as long as he has is completely unfathomable.

It's verging on the practical joke

grand a week for the weeks their there tops and be happy to get it.As for going the shop im sure he has a connaughts man ear in one and out the other,mam.NONE OF THEM ARE WORTH THAT KINDA MONEY WEEK IN WEEK OUT,I WORK MYSELF JUST CANT SEE THE VALUE IN PAYIN THEM WHAT THEY GET

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

grand a week for the weeks their there tops and be happy to get it.As for going the shop im sure he has a connaughts man ear in one and out the other,mam.NONE OF THEM ARE WORTH THAT KINDA MONEY WEEK IN WEEK OUT,I WORK MYSELF JUST CANT SEE THE VALUE IN PAYIN THEM WHAT THEY GET

If that's a before tax figure you're suggesting, that makes it 52,000 per year. Only a little smaller than the figure you were giving out about to start with.

If it's an after tax figure, then the person you were giving out about would be be getting about 86,000 before tax - since he's got some other interests, it's fair to assume he'd be paying top rate tax on the council salary.

Some said:
    Quite how a man so clearly lacking in intelligence, charm, wit, social skills, media savvy, dress sense, timing and all round likability has managed to remain in public office for as long as he has is completely unfathomable.

I hate to break it to ya, but this says more about the people who elected - and re-elected - him.

And maybe a bit about the calibre of candidates it attracts.

A history lecturer told me once that a nation gets the quality of leaders that is deserves. I was sceptical at the time, but the older I get, the more I agree with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

If that's a before tax figure you're suggesting, that makes it 52,000 per year. Only a little smaller than the figure you were giving out about to start with.

If it's an after tax figure, then the person you were giving out about would be be getting about 86,000 before tax - since he's got some other interests, it's fair to assume he'd be paying top rate tax on the council salary.

Some said:

I hate to break it to ya, but this says more about the people who elected - and re-elected - him.

And maybe a bit about the calibre of candidates it attracts.

A history lecturer told me once that a nation gets the quality of leaders that is deserves. I was sceptical at the time, but the older I get, the more I agree with him.

Hit the Nail on the Head there. The choice of Candidates is so Poor it beggars belief. But they still get voted in. And if they don't they join the Seanad..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

about the same as Billy Cameron who runs his own post office so is harassed more and is far more accessible than Mike

I think Billy is more into the travelling expenses, made it into the top 10 in the country for travel expenses in the list there at the weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement