Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Arena Tickets

Options
  • 05-09-2012 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I started going to the gym a while back in the hopes of losing the fat, and i was going to get an academic term pass, until an older student told me that you could get a cheaper pool ticket and just walk into the gym, I tried it on monday, and it seemed to work, i just walked into the gym, and nobody was at the desk, then i went into the pool, and when i started opening up my bag to get a ticket the guy at the door just waved me through.
    Did I just get lucky and avoid getting caught? do they give out any sort of punishment for trying to sneak into the gym on a pool ticket? would it be safer to get a academic membership even if it ends up costing me more?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I started going to the gym a while back in the hopes of losing the fat, and i was going to get an academic term pass, until an older student told me that you could get a cheaper pool ticket and just walk into the gym, I tried it on monday, and it seemed to work, i just walked into the gym, and nobody was at the desk, then i went into the pool, and when i started opening up my bag to get a ticket the guy at the door just waved me through.
    Did I just get lucky and avoid getting caught? do they give out any sort of punishment for trying to sneak into the gym on a pool ticket? would it be safer to get a academic membership even if it ends up costing me more?

Your better off Getting the Membership to be honest, it's not that expensive and you can use the pool, gym and some classes with it and of course you don't have to be worried about gettin caught all the time and you can use the facilities as much as you want without buying multiple tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I'd hate to have to sign in to boards with your username every time you want to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

You got lucky. Often when you scan your card downstairs they will check it again when you go in upstairs. If you are not going to the gym very regular you might be cheaper just paying daily but if you want to use the gym and pool/sauna you are better off paying for it. The member also covers all the classes they hold like boxercise

• Registered Users Posts: 4 coolieo5000

They had a more relaxed attitude during the summer mainly because the students were gone. Easy to recognize regular members. Now that the students will be back next week it will be a different story.

Advertisement