Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Card / Account Change / Fees Disaster

Options
  • 05-09-2012 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I've been a bank of Ireland customer for the last 11 years and for the most part have been very happy with the service up until the last few months mainly due to a particular customer service representative in your Quay branch in Waterford . Back in May I went to use my Laser card and found I couldn't use it in any ATM in town I then noticed that my laser card was in fact due to expire on that particular date and went into the bank of Ireland branch on the Quay in Waterford to find out why I had not received a new card. I then spoke to this particular customer service rep who advised me that the reason that I had not received a new card was due to the fact that my loan account was in arrears and that a new card hadn't been sent due to this. To be fair I knew this had to be an incorrect answer but was genuinely annoyed at the fact that she clearly had no idea why my card had not been sent so just decided to pluck an answer from thin air but as the rep in question was the only person on the desk at the time I could not request that she confer with another colleague so angrily left . I then went back later and discussed the case with another colleague who apologized for the previous misinformation and advised that it was because you where changing to visa debit and there was a backlog but she would order a card for me straight away happy days a decent , well informed answer and I got my card within a week :)

In June I then wanted to change my account to a student a/c I went into the branch on the Quay again with the letter from the college, the only person on the desk at the time as the previous rep who had misinformed me around my debit card but I thought she can't really get an account change wrong . So she proceeded to get me to fill in a form and copy my letter from the college and at that point I queried future fees as I had just paid in May and was advised that I would have to pay no further fees as the account would be changed ( and I have a witness of this ) . So I presumed that everything was ok and the account had been changed until I received a phone call from the customer service rep in question in mid July asking me what exactly she was supposed to be doing with the account ????? Needless to say again I was unhappy with this firstly one of the conditions of changing to a student a/c is that I provide a letter from the college advising that I am in full time education surely this should have been with that form that I filled in and if not where has it gone surely for data protection all this information must be kept together as it contains my personal information and surely not left around for 3-4 weeks and also is this the normal time frame for this documentation to be left sitting around for with sensitive information on it ?Again I let it go content with the fact that it was now sorted and a reassurance that I would not have to pay any more fees .

So imagine my surprise when I received a letter advising that I had to pay nearly €33 in fees . I paid a visit to my branch with my witness from June and advised a different customer service rep of the issue she then called over the customer service rep in question and to my face she said that she always always advises everyone that if they join in mid quarter that they will have to pay fees and then walked off, to me she basically insinuated that I was a liar to my face and after all the misinformation and dealings that I have had with her previously this has just really really angered me. I advised the other customer service rep of this and that I would like to make a formal complaint as I know I am not lying and I have proof of a number of incidents where she has not carried out her job correctly and she advised that she would look into it . I received a call from the misinforming customer service rep who advised that some of the charges would be written off but that I would have to pay the rest and when I advised I was unhappy and that I would like to make a formal complaint it didn't seem to go anywhere .

I don't see why I should have to pay these charges as if I had been advised correctly I would just have taken my money out of my account on the day it went in to keep charges low instead of using it as if I had free banking as I was advised . I would like my questions regarding the data protection issue and timelines around actioning data sensitive information answered and most of all I want my complaint actioned I am not in the wrong here but I was made to feel as if I was lying to my face and that to be honest was that last straw for me . Please can someone get in contact with me regarding this I would really really appreciate it .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Please add some paragraphs to your post it's impossible to read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi shinballs.

We apologise for the recent issues you have encountered and appreciate your feedback.

We would like to look into this matter further for you. Please PM us with your name, contact number and account holding branch so we can arrange for a representative to give you a call.

Thanks
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 6 shinballs

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the reply I've pmed you those details now

Sinead
    Hi shinballs.

We apologise for the recent issues you have encountered and appreciate your feedback.

We would like to look into this matter further for you. Please PM us with your name, contact number and account holding branch so we can arrange for a representative to give you a call.

Thanks
    Laura

Hi Sinead.

We have received your PM.
    Your details have been forwarded to the relevant department who will be in touch with you shortly.

Thanks for getting in touch.
    Laura

Hi Laura ,

Still have not had any contact on this any idea of when I will ?

Hi Sinead.

We have received your PM.
    Your details have been forwarded to the relevant department who will be in touch with you shortly.

Thanks for getting in touch.
    Laura

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Sinead,

You'll receive a callback from our Customer Care Department within 5 working days of the query being raised with them.

Thanks,
    Graham

Perfect,

Thanks Graham
    Hi Sinead,

You'll receive a callback from our Customer Care Department within 5 working days of the query being raised with them.

Thanks,
    Graham

Hi,

It's now a week since i posted this and still have not received any contact , can I get an update on this please .

Sinead
    shinballs wrote: »
    Perfect,

Thanks Graham
    Hi Sinead,

Thanks,
    Graham

Hi Sinead.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

We have been in contact with the department dealing with this. They have advised a representative will be in touch with you this afternoon.

Thank you.
    Laura

Advertisement