Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Image editing advice

• 05-09-2012 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭

I would like some advice on how to fix the attached image. The image has been cropped from a 2700 x 3600 original that was taken at a recent wedding.

I am not sure of the technical term but part of the ear and neck have blended into the white background.

Can anyone recommend a free tool that would let me correct these errors and give some advice on how to accomplish the task?

Thanks in advance.

219533.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

The gimp is free and the tool is its clone tool. Basically it will clone parts of the ear which you select into a space which you tell it. It might take a bit of practice to get right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

Am I right in thinking that this was taken by a wedding photographer that has edited it in a sloppy way and you want to fix it? I would suggest that you send it back to the photographer as they will have the raw file and it will be quicker than trying to do it yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

That looks like the sloppy work I'd usually chuck out' :0) get onto the person that has the original file and insist they either send you the raw file or fix it properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    The gimp is free and the tool is its clone tool. Basically it will clone parts of the ear which you select into a space which you tell it. It might take a bit of practice to get right.

I'll download GIMP. Thanks.
    Am I right in thinking that this was taken by a wedding photographer that has edited it in a sloppy way and you want to fix it? I would suggest that you send it back to the photographer as they will have the raw file and it will be quicker than trying to do it yourself.
    That looks like the sloppy work I'd usually chuck out' :0) get onto the person that has the original file and insist they either send you the raw file or fix it properly.

It did come from a professional photographer. I will try to contact him to see if he will fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

id be very embarrassed if that was my work and a customer pulled me on it, there'd be NO arguments what so ever, get onto the photographer and just be nice about it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

id be very embarrassed if that was my work and a customer pulled me on it, there'd be NO arguments what so ever, get onto the photographer and just be nice about it...

I'll try to be diplomatic! Thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Just moved the image into the thread.

It is definitely a bit of sloppy PP. You can see where the brush has missed.

A diplomatic request should get results, assuming they still have the PSD Files.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

Well Most of the times I use Photoshop and sometimes a free online Image editor called PicMonkey. Give them a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Get onto the photographer to get it fixed.Don't do it yourself, as this would be a breach of the photographer's copyright (unless he gave you this right in your contract).

Advertisement