Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Fun Thread] Things that influenced your choice of profession

• 05-09-2012 4:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭

Just for fun and doesn't have to be the legal profession - can be inspiration for becoming a tax accountant.

Been re-watching 'this life' recently and realised when I first wanted to become a lawyer. Not lost on me that it's taken a while to start the process... and in a different country :D What does make me laugh / cry a bit is watching that it as a teenager I thought my twenties were going to be much more interesting!

I suspect the show isn't very realistic but I do love the way they manage to portray barristers and solicitors as quite different - and barristers as more badly behaved!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Samuel Vimes

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Denny Crane.

Bob Loblaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭McCrack

Lowell the Hammer Stanley

459 CASH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Tom Young wrote: »
    Denny Crane.

I love that scene in the last season of 'The Practise' where is gives the speech about the paperboy and the chambers rant afterwards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭theAwakening

lionel hutz. in particular when he took homer's case against the 'all you can eat' joint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I took law by accident, took as part of an arts degree and ended up loving it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

Denny Crane.

Fantastic lawyer. And never lost a case!

Lockstep wrote: »
    I took law by accident, took as part of an arts degree and ended up loving it.

Funny you should mention that - First law module I ever took was back in 2000 during my Computer Science degree. Scots Consumer Law - liked it more than the computing subjects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Denny Crane.

My hero as well, so much so I bought the philippe Starck chairs for my balcony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Thinly veiled who on this forum is a Solicitor/Barrister/Lecturer thread :D

chops018 wrote: »
    Thinly veiled who on this forum is a Solicitor/Barrister/Lecturer thread :D

There was a poll not so long ago. Its pretty easy to figure out anyways :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

There was a poll not so long ago. Its pretty easy to figure out anyways :P

Haha very true!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Claire McCarthy Cork

Rumpole of the Bailey. Even though I'm a mere sol'r. Watched an entertaining episode last night and it never fails to entertain. Had to watch an episode of The Good Wife for sake of identification/ self esteem afterwards. Cause that's what my life is like. Wouldn't say they inspired me to become a lawyer though. That was pure righteous anger. Grrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Bob Loblaw

The Bob Loblaw Law Blog!!

Advertisement