Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCI Express 3.0 ????

Options
  • 05-09-2012 7:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi,
    dabs have two categories of Graphics cards listed.....PCI Express 3.0 and
    PCI Express 3.0 x16. Am I correct presume the x16 version is the one to get, .......yet another garden rake hidden in the long hardware grass! What is the first ones multiplier.......x8 or are they all x16.
    Tia John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It's dabs being thick. Don't look In to cards that way.

Tell us your budget and your pc spec and we will advice you on the best route to happyness.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

Max is €350.....less if I can, I just upgraded motherboard/cpu/ram to i7 2700k,16gigs ram and Asrock extreme 6 z77, so I want to make optimum use of the upgrade benefits........like PCIe x16.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

If your running 1 graphics card all run in x16 nowadays.

For under 350 I'd probably get a 660 ti

Is there some kind of promotion on 660ti`s at present....I thought I saw something about a special price on them for September.?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

or a 7950...

technically, you can't make use of PCIe3 because you have a 2700 and you need a 3570K or 3770K. don't worry though, the performance hit is negligible.

• Advertisement

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    or a 7950...

technically, you can't make use of PCIe3 because you have a 2700 and you need a 3570K or 3770K. don't worry though, the performance hit is negligible.

And that`s a typical example of the aforementioned garden rake.:-{

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

that's why you ask here before laying down any money ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

with 350eu budget i would personally go for 7950.

Advertisement