Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone help? Definition of "household" in JSA means test

Options
  • 05-09-2012 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm hoping that someone here might be able to help me.
    I am filling out a means test form for JSA. The first question has me stumped already - it asks do I live alone, and if no, to list the relationship of other p-people in the house and their earnings.

The answer is complicated... I do and I don't. I stay with an old family friend. There are other people living in the house (related to the old family friend). But I haven't a clue what they earn, and even if I asked them so I could put it on the form, I don't know what relevance it is... None of their money comes to me in any way. When I have money I give it to my friend, to help with bills and that, but although there are other people living in the house, I am essentially on my own financially.

I called citizens information and they didn't know how to address this type of situation.
    Can anyone offer any advice?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

You live in a house share. A letter from your friend stating this will suffice. You cannot comment on others income as they are just room mates in a house. You may have to name them if possible.

was in the situation for6 months myself a couple of years ago.

Advertisement