Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilmore Charter

Options
  • 05-09-2012 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi Everyone,

A gang of us are hoping to get out for a day from Kilmore in the next few weeks. Can't wait, been a while.
    I have previously always headed west for boat trips but said we'd give it a try here but don't know much about the skippers or the sort of day to expect. Wondering if it's possible to do the usual session for a few hours and hopefully get a few fish in then maybe go target bass or some sort of species hunting? Has anyone any experience or recommendations of Kilmore Charters, and also if days like this are possible? It would be great to get a few mackeral and pollack etc for the first half of the day then maybe target bass or the likes somewhere for the second half of the day...optimistic I know :)
    I checked out a few of the forums and websites but there is fairly general information on them all. Any experiences or recommendations of Skippers would be great,

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭oldat31

Best thing to do is just ring the skippers, they wont lie to you... Mac season is going to end soon so you wanna start booking a place now...

If its bass you want I'd go further south to cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BP1980

Cheers will do that, I had searched a bit and found theres a good few operating out of Kilmore so was just wondering if there were any with good/bad names, will make a few calls anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Dick hayes very good. Great variety of species down there. Rarely huge fish but up to 8-10lb pollock or cod. Bass to that size also but need patience and fish further inshore rather than out on the reefs. A great place to fish though. Great views and wildlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BP1980

Cheers for that, booked Dick Hayes so will post the results, looking forward to getting out now!.Spoke with him and he said there will still be tope around hopefully!.going to do a couple of days down there so will do some shore fishing too in the hope of a bass while were at it...Now the wait for the weather :).....

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭oldat31

BP1980 wrote: »
    Cheers for that, booked Dick Hayes so will post the results, looking forward to getting out now!.Spoke with him and he said there will still be tope around hopefully!.going to do a couple of days down there so will do some shore fishing too in the hope of a bass while were at it...Now the wait for the weather :).....

There is bass being caught in kilmore now. I have a freind who fish's it allot and is getting great results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭MarcinG

Dick hayes very good.

+1 Even if fish is not cooperating he is doing his best to find it.

Advertisement