Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to connect to Eircom

Options
  • 05-09-2012 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hiya,

I originally phoned eircom in the first week in June, we had just moved house and needed a phone line put in.

We had an engineer call out within a week but he had to apply for planning permission as we needed a man hole fitted outside our house.
    We got the planning permission and the manhole was put in over two weeks ago.

I have since rang 3 times to see if we could get an engineer out to finish the installation but 3 times I was told that the contractor hadn't updated the status of the man hole and no eircom engineer will come out until this status is updated to completed. Each of the three people I talked with said they would email across and try and get it updated.

I was told someone would ring me with an update on Monday but no call yet, can anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Hiya,

I originally phoned eircom in the first week in June, we had just moved house and needed a phone line put in.

We had an engineer call out within a week but he had to apply for planning permission as we needed a man hole fitted outside our house.
    We got the planning permission and the manhole was put in over two weeks ago.

I have since rang 3 times to see if we could get an engineer out to finish the installation but 3 times I was told that the contractor hadn't updated the status of the man hole and no eircom engineer will come out until this status is updated to completed. Each of the three people I talked with said they would email across and try and get it updated.

I was told someone would ring me with an update on Monday but no call yet, can anyone help?

Hi thegoodgirl,

Sorry to hear you've had delays with the order. Could you DM me either the account number or, if you don't have that yet, the address and name on the order and I'll chase this up for you. Since the big work has been sorted we should be able to push this along.

Thanks

James

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭thegoodgirl

Thansk for your help James.
    I had an engineer out to the house last friday and he finished the installation.

Just waiting on the modem to be posted out now.

Thanks again

Advertisement