Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why buy a big bike and not use it??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

paddy147 wrote: »
    You got to love this thread and the way people treat bikers who sit in traffic.

We give out when people act the gobshyte on their bike,and we give out when a person sits on his/her bike in traffic.

So a biker cant win regardless.

Who cares if the biker wants to sit in traffic,at least he/she is being responsible and acting in a safe manner.

You all should stop taking this matter of sitting in traffic so seriously and maybe focus on something more important instead.

We also laugh at a biker is he's on the wrong bike (scooters, harley, bmw, goldwing etc). Unless someone is the exact same bike as me and drives the exact same way, they're an idiot and they're not getting a wave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Cienciano wrote: »
    We also laugh at a biker is he's on the wrong bike (scooters, harley, bmw, goldwing etc). Unless someone is the exact same bike as me and drives the exact same way, they're an idiot and they're not getting a wave

I wave at everyone regardless of what they're on. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

might have been involved in an important phonecall on his woopeedoo bluetooth helmet....and didn't have time or an inclination to play with traffic..

he may be on his last legs as far as points on his licence goes....

maybe he uses his arse up knee down riding skills on a track where they're more....appropriate....

maybe he was following the car in front and...well that one speaks for itself...

maybe...in buying a big bike.. he enjoys riding the bike without having to keep it on the boil all the time...

maybe he'd just rebuilt the engine and was running it in nice and handy...

maybe the bike was stolen and he was keeping a low profile....

I could go on....but I won't ..maybe its just books and covers type thing...
    btw....sad to see the old harley hatin's back again... mines coming up on 80 thousand shortly... every one a memory....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

I wave at everyone regardless of what they're on. :D

I stopped waving at scooters, last one I waved at nearly wrapped himself around the pole when he lifted his hand!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

paddy147 wrote: »
    So a biker cant win regardless.

OP's problem is very simple - it's just that others are not like him. You know the type, "if you ride faster than me you are reckless yob; If you drive slower than me, you are a wuss noob chicken.". It applies to all sorts of situations! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    I stopped waving at scooters, last one I waved at nearly wrapped himself around the pole when he lifted his hand!:eek:

I dont wave at "mods", theyre the enemy.......showin me age now.........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I make a special effort to acknowledge a scooterist.

First off I love scooters and rode one for ten years, and secondly I know how it is to feel marginalized by bikers because at the same time I also rode a CBR1000 and a Honda 650 Dominator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

First off I love scooters and rode one for ten years, and secondly I know how it is to feel marginalized by bikers because at the same time I also rode a CBR1000 and a Honda 650 Dominator.

I'll wave back if they do it first, dont want to be responsible for someone trashing their pride and joy thats all, it has happened three times so far...then again it could have been the same guy LOL. There is a 90 year old dude that goes around on a honda 50 nearby, he gets a leg out from me and gives me two legs out (as much as he can manage anyway) everytime I see him, cracks me up!

LMFAO!!! :pac:
    positron wrote: »
    OP's problem is very simple - it's just that others are not like him. You know the type, "if you ride faster than me you are reckless yob; If you drive slower than me, you are a wuss noob chicken.". It applies to all sorts of situations! :D

Yeah....yeah that's what it is! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I dont wave at "mods", theyre the enemy.......showin me age now.........:D

Too right! Alanstrainor, colm_mcm, kbannon, Limerick man, Our man in Havana, P.C., TestTransmission, Zascar and co can go feck themselves :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Yeah, I'm on a PX 200 one day, the other options are a CB400, SV650 and a transalp and there is a big difference in how my waves are acknowledged when I'm on the PX compared to the other bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Odysseus wrote: »

Yeah, I'm on a PX 200 one day, the other options are a CB400, SV650 and a transalp and there is a big difference in how my waves are acknowledged when I'm on the PX compared to the other bikes.

Ditto.
    And, if you really want to confuse people, try a modern SuperScooter.....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

galwaytt wrote: »
    Ditto.
    And, if you really want to confuse people, try a modern SuperScooter.....

I Know, I was stopped by the cops on the M50 last week, asks me if it is over 50cc:rolleyes: I expectyed them to know better, that was a mistake, the diver had a big angry head on him when they pulled up beside me. Apalling attitude, after they discovered their fcuk up, checked everything over, really looked like they where looking for a reason to take the bike off me. Anyway I'm going off topic:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Was on an electric 50cc scooter on Sunday...them things are dangerous. Bad brakes, no sound, quick acceleration and tiny tyres but great fun. Would hate to see the reaction of the motorbike community on one of them 24/7

I was thinking of this thread on Friday morning.. I'd been to a funeral of a mate on Thursday, if any of you guys seen us you won't have forgotten it in a hurry.. It was a biker funeral and close on a hundred bikes riding in the cortege..

Anyway, Friday morning I'm on the M50 regretting my decision not to ring in for a day off and I'd swear someone out on a brisk walk could have over taken me :o

Tbh I wasn't fit to take the locks off the bike never mind filter on the M50, thank f*ck I survived to tell the tale.

I was thinking of this thread on Friday morning.. I'd been to a funeral of a mate on Thursday, if any of you guys seen us you won't have forgotten it in a hurry.. It was a biker funeral and close on a hundred bikes riding in the cortege..

Aye, been to plenty of them in my day. It's been a while thank God. Hopefully it stays that way!

Anyway, Friday morning I'm on the M50 regretting my decision not to ring in for a day off and I'd swear someone out on a brisk walk could have over taken me :o

Tbh I wasn't fit to take the locks off the bike never mind filter on the M50, thank f*ck I survived to tell the tale.

Sad day but at least he got a very good turnout. Did not know the lad but he has been talked about very fondly on all the bike forums.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

i had a 125 for 2-3 months sold it and got a 400cc couldnt come out off 2nd gear now its fine top speed i got was 130mph lookin next bike a 600 or 750

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Was on an electric 50cc scooter on Sunday...them things are dangerous. Bad brakes, no sound, quick acceleration and tiny tyres but great fun. Would hate to see the reaction of the motorbike community on one of them 24/7

How was it 50cc and electric?

How was it 50cc and electric?

It is the equivalent to 50cc power wise is what I mean, should have clarified.

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Sad day but at least he got a very good turnout. Did not know the lad but he has been talked about very fondly on all the bike forums.

RIP

Thanks, the guy was an absolute legend.

Apart from the MCC lads there were also Vikings, Freewheelers, Disciples (he was ex-president) and Angels at his removal.

Can we get back on topic here?

The only way to "use" a litre sports bike is on the track.

Can we get back on topic here?

The only way to "use" a litre sports bike is on the track.

Agreed.

Yes, to get the maximum out of it, the track is ideal. But if you have one for commuting, why buzz around at 80kph and sit behind cars? It's a waste!

Just to clarify, if someone DOES do that, it's their own business, my point initially was that I personally find it irritating and it's a waste of a nice bike. Some days I took my missus' bike, just to take it easy for a change (it's a 400cc) but if on my own bike, I used it for what it was able for. That's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Thread cleaned up a bit.

Bans will be handed out to the next poster who starts the After Hours type posts.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys to reiterate what PC says here - I'm sick of the same people constantly p1ssing about - last change, 2 weeks bans next time anyway plays up even a little bit.

OP you're a fecker, I'm on the M50 every morning looking for a ZX9 and I'm off ~ I've even started to shave and brush my teeth in case we meet :cool:

OP you're a fecker, I'm on the M50 every morning looking for a ZX9 and I'm off ~ I've even started to shave and brush my teeth in case we meet :cool:

PMSL!! Hahahaha Well you're safe enough for the minute mate, for two reasons.

1. I never use the M50 if I can avoid it. It's too straight! :pac:

2. I had an accident 5 weeks ago, I have a broken collarbone and the bike is wrecked, so I won't be on it for a while. :(

BUT, if you see what looks like an elephant riding a bicycle hooning down the road, that's me on the missus' Super Four!! :pac:

PMSL!! Hahahaha Well you're safe enough for the minute mate, for two reasons.

1. I never use the M50 if I can avoid it. It's too straight! :pac:

Its only straight when you don't filter :p

Its only straight when you don't filter :p

Actually, I quite enjoy THAT part!! HEHEHEHE :D

• Advertisement

Good luck with the shoulder. I was out for 11 months with two broken elbows and a broken wrist, but the bike was a work bike so at least that bit didn't hurt :P

Advertisement