Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Embassy interviews...Advice Needed...

Options
  • 05-09-2012 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

In addition to my post regarding the misdemeanor, I have other things that I'm unsure of when 'renewing' an F-1 visa. I've read the embassy website etc but there is no information about someone who is just going back for 10 months to finish a course of study...ie do I have to show financial security documents etc again even though my stay is for a much shorter period? etc

I'm thinking, I have so many questions and unsure about so many things that perhaps the best thing to do is make the visa appointment at the embassy and just go in with what I have with the assumption that the officer there will tell me exactly what I need documentation-wise and come back when I have it?

Does that sound like a good idea or am I committing a type of immigration suicide by doing that ie visa refusal and no remit for re-application?

thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Go in as if it was your first interview- show evidence of ties, financial security etc (obviously only for the ten month as opposed to whatever time you had the visa for before). Be prepared to answer questions as to why you didn't complete the course in one go.

It is very unlikely that you'd be refused "with prejudice", ie without the chance to re-apply. But each application costs you money and time, and the embassy will not be impressed if, in their view, you "waste their time" by applying when you don;t have all the documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Urban_80

silja wrote: »
    Go in as if it was your first interview- show evidence of ties, financial security etc (obviously only for the ten month as opposed to whatever time you had the visa for before). Be prepared to answer questions as to why you didn't complete the course in one go.

It is very unlikely that you'd be refused "with prejudice", ie without the chance to re-apply. But each application costs you money and time, and the embassy will not be impressed if, in their view, you "waste their time" by applying when you don;t have all the documentation.

Thanks. I think I'll do that but have as much documentation as possible before I go in from the college, from financial statements etc. Hopefully it wont seem like I'm wasting their time as I will have as much info as I possibly can at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭happyclapper

I would go in with every possible thing they could ask for as well. Being prepared for ever eventuality should make you more confident in the questions and at least there should be no curve balls.

I hope you get good news!

Advertisement