Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC Build Confirmation

Options
  • 05-09-2012 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Alright guys, I literally have to deposit the cash into my account to setup the credit transfer. I'm just looking for confirmation/comments on my final spec:

Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155 €216.29
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4, Sockel 1155, ATX €133.34
    8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance Low Profile schwarz PC3-12800U CL9 €41.96
    Corsair Carbide Series 400R, ATX, ohne Netzteil €87.00
    EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW, 2048MB DDR5, PCI-Express €393.69
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 650W €72.73
    Samsung SSD 830 128GB SATA 6GB's Paper Box €99.74
    WD Caviar Green 1TB, SATA 6Gb/s (WD10EZRX) €74.54
    Thermalright HR-02 Macho €36,29
    Samsung SH-222BB schwarz €16,61
    Shipping €18.99

Total: €1210.18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

looks good but don't order yet, i'll pm you something to get a discount

Are you ever planning on SLI'ing? If not then you would be okay with a 500w psu.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

Not right away but probably will at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

Iv got same motherboard/processor/GFX card (ASUS model) and am extremely pleased with the performance. Good choices.

Beez wrote: »
    Iv got same motherboard/processor/GFX card (ASUS model) and am extremely pleased with the performance. Good choices.

What kind of games are you playing and what kind of FPS are you able to churn out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

don't forget to select UPS instead of DHL if possible.

why that GPU? evga is a good company, but I wouldn't be paying the premium for a reference cooled lower clocked edition.

my personal choice would be the MSI power edition here (temp out of stock) because iirc it OCs much better than the others, but really, there is no reason why you shouldn't get the Gigabyte version here seeing as its by far the highest clocked, cheapest and quietest.

after market coolers are almost a must on gtx670's cause they throttle themselves at 75°C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

actually, the MSI looks to be a bit hit and miss on the overclocking. the Gigabyte is consistently mediocre, but starting at a higher base clock is going to do that to you. the MSI after OC usually gets ±1075mhz, whereas the Gigabyte starts at 1058 and hits 1100+ if you're lucky.

I've no reason in particular for picking the EVGA version other than checking out the pc specs of some of the big youtubers. In most cases they were using the EVGA brand as opposed to any others.

There is also a 3 year warranty with EVGA.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

What kind of games are you playing and what kind of FPS are you able to churn out?

This is with my processor @ 4.5 Ghz

Battlefield 3 everything maxed, motion blur off @ 1920x1200 im getting 70 - 100 fps

Arma 2 (Dayz) most settings maxed @ 1920x1200 around 60 fps, its a badly optimized game tho.

Other games iv played such as Max Payne 3 are silky smooth at max settings. It can handle anything I throw at it really, cant see the need to upgrade for a couple of years.

As far as the 670 id get the Asus or the Gigabyte, both clock well and are extremely quiet. I got a MSI with the referance cooler and the noise of the fan was very annoying, it could of been a defect but i sent it back and got the ASUS Top DCU2. Amazing card boosts to 1280Mhz stock :)

Just ordered my build. Thanks for all the help and guidance cheers :)

Advertisement