Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

regional work!

Options
  • 05-09-2012 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I'm currently in sydney but want to get the regional work done before christmas, can anyone give me any info on where to go and where to look for jobs? Been looking on gumtree but not found much.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

Any Agricultural experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ben10afc

Claasman wrote: »
    Any Agricultural experience?

No im a mechanic by trade, looking to get the regional work to extend visa.

What do you work on? There is usually plenty work for mechanics (trucks and farm machinery) in rural areas, might be able to point ya in the right direction

I work on cars, I'll pick fruit if I have to, just want it sorted asap

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

ben10afc wrote: »
    I work on cars, I'll pick fruit if I have to, just want it sorted asap
    Get a job in a main dealers and they will sponsor you. forget fruit picking crap. good money too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Add 'Fruit Picking Jobs' and 'The Job Shop' on Facebook they're always advertising regional work.

Give the harvest trail a ring, they'll give you up to date info on where the opportunities are at the moment!

If all that fails sign up for HelpX or WWOOFING and volunteer on a farm! Its mighty craic mate! Two days ago I helped kill, skin and gut a pig and was eating the best pork chops I've ever had a day later.. Beats pickin' mango's for 12 hours a day that's for sure

I'm thinking of just heading up to bundaberg and looking for work there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

ben10afc wrote: »
    I'm thinking of just heading up to bundaberg and looking for work there

Did my three minths there 2 years ago. can pm you on some details if you want?

+1 to what plug says. You could score a decent job in a dealers no bother. Try searching seek.com.au for jobs in Toowoomba, Roma, Emerald, Dalby, Coonabarbran, WAgga WAgga, echuka, etc. There is easier money to be made than at fruit picking!

Advertisement