Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rediscovering Minecraft

• 05-09-2012 12:32pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Minecraft sort of fell out of favour with me, but I've begun playing again since the weekend (the gods only know why, I've a metric fk ton of other games to be playing too). First things that struck me were the changes since I last played properly (game was still in beta at the time I think).

Villages had existed, but now the NPCs are smart and they can trade which is pretty cool. The temples are a pretty cool feature, even if I did get blown all to hell in one after falling down a hole :)

There was spells and potions the last time I played, but I never really got into them, I'll have to give them a proper look this time.

I guess I prefer to spend my time building something and then maybe moving on. Right now I'm getting stuck into a big castle sort of deal and having a stable and sustainable food income (wheat and animals) and then I think I'll go looking for villages and temples to loot. I'm cheating a bit by using Amidst to locate things because I know I'd just get completely lost and annoyed if I picked a direction at random and walked off for several days :)

So what else have I missed in my absence?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Shiminay wrote: »
    Minecraft sort of fell out of favour with me, but I've begun playing again since the weekend (the gods only know why, I've a metric fk ton of other games to be playing too). First things that struck me were the changes since I last played properly (game was still in beta at the time I think).

Villages had existed, but now the NPCs are smart and they can trade which is pretty cool. The temples are a pretty cool feature, even if I did get blown all to hell in one after falling down a hole :)

There was spells and potions the last time I played, but I never really got into them, I'll have to give them a proper look this time.

I guess I prefer to spend my time building something and then maybe moving on. Right now I'm getting stuck into a big castle sort of deal and having a stable and sustainable food income (wheat and animals) and then I think I'll go looking for villages and temples to loot. I'm cheating a bit by using Amidst to locate things because I know I'd just get completely lost and annoyed if I picked a direction at random and walked off for several days :)

Have you tried multiplayer, i cant remember the last time i played a serious game in single player.

There is also an enchantment system now, Once you earn enough experience (XP Green Bar) you can give your armour and weapons/tools abilities

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

Me?

Seriously though, Im still playing and am still suprised to find new features that were new like a month ago :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

You should join up to the Boards server once it's changed back to normal survival which will be soon hopefully.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Just play Tekkit and fall in love again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

Never gave Tekkit a chance, too complicated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Xenon560 wrote: »
    Never gave Tekkit a chance, too complicated :)

Boo!
    Vanilla sucks once you play tekkit long enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

You can place stairs upside-down!!!! :eek:

"It's like a whole new game" :p

EDIT : Welcome back Shim. I believe the last time you were on was when we were testing out the new map (2nd boards map)
    You should join up to the Boards server once it's changed back to normal survival which will be soon hopefully.

He was a mod on the boards server :P (possibly before your time)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Advertisement