Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13 Problems

Options
  • 05-09-2012 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads,

Has any one else come across any problems which will affect our gameplay or our franchise?

First big one is in a DC, the team that disconnects loses, regardless of the score. There is a workaround for this though, as if you turn off your Xbox after the other guy DC's, the score will not count.

The non accelerated clock is a massive issue which I'm hoping will be patched.

Anyone else come across anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Haven't come across any game issues or glitches, but one thing that will impact is contracts in CC.

You could easily re-negotiate a few big players and backload their contracts so that most of it will be outside of our 3-season window. Thus giving you massive cap space for free agents in the seasons we are playing.

Know the lads on PFL are looking at this too. Haven't been able to think of a solution myself yet as don't get much time playing it to test things out, but would be happy to follow whatever guidelines they propose over there. Think Berty is looking into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Haven't come across any game issues or glitches, but one thing that will impact is contracts in CC.

You could easily re-negotiate a few big players and backload their contracts so that most of it will be outside of our 3-season window. Thus giving you massive cap space for free agents in the seasons we are playing.

Know the lads on PFL are looking at this too. Haven't been able to think of a solution myself yet as don't get much time playing it to test things out, but would be happy to follow whatever guidelines they propose over there. Think Berty is looking into it

You can't renegotiate players contracts until their final year of contract so I don't think it is going to make a massive difference. Also, you can't manually backload a contract, they all have a set template where they rise each year until the final year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

SantryRed wrote: »
    You can't renegotiate players contracts until their final year of contract so I don't think it is going to make a massive difference. Also, you can't manually backload a contract, they all have a set template where they rise each year until the final year.

Perfect, if you're happy with it then sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

Is IBMaxing allowed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

The game not being here :mad: Couldn't get it locally so bought it online, paid for express. Get a call saying its delivered. To the wrong address. Now I have to go to depot, which will cost me about 20€ in a taxi as the depot won't change the delivery address :mad::mad::mad: Great start to my madden 13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Justin10

Here is a few,

Players catching the ball clearly out of bounds but being given, challenge and it isn't overruled.

The corner backs run committing is a massive problem.

Half sacks and tackles are not recorded.

The sub for punters and kickers is really annoying in preseason games. Makes you have to sign an extra kicker and punter.

Teams not signing enough players in preseason to fill their rosters. For example only having two OLBs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Carolyn Icy Quadrangle

most things are relatively easy to fix my biggest concern is that the physics engine that the entire game is build around is absolutely ****e its like building a house but using paper instead of bricks the engine was crap in fifa so in a game with so much more contact is was always going to be a disaster i understand there striving for better but if the technology is not there dont throw in an incomplete/broken engine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

most things are relatively easy to fix my biggest concern is that the physics engine that the entire game is build around is absolutely ****e its like building a house but using paper instead of bricks the engine was crap in fifa so in a game with so much more contact is was always going to be a disaster i understand there striving for better but if the technology is not there dont throw in an incomplete/broken engine

I disagree, I think the engine is great. Sure, after the tackle the massive pile of players looks ridiculous but I think over all it's pretty good. Just looking at some of the instant replays makes me realise how every bit of contact affects the play and how different it is each time. The only thing is running up the middle is virtually impossible...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I was not able to connect up with rizzo online again, hope this does not affect the franchise. It was giving different errors to each of us.

The game seems very quick to make line decisions, both sideline and the down line. Sometimes it looks like you've made it but have not and it rarely replays these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, I went into scouting and after unlocking a few of a players attributes the game froze, has happened 4 times now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Seem to be having a few problems trying to get connected to Empacher in friendly games. NAT type is open etc. Hopefully this won't be a problem in connected careers as it was for some games in Madden 12.

We had a problem with our first game. It desynced at the start, but we played straight after that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Here is a few,

Players catching the ball clearly out of bounds but being given, challenge and it isn't overruled.

The corner backs run committing is a massive problem.

The sub for punters and kickers is really annoying in preseason games. Makes you have to sign an extra kicker and punter.

Noticed these too.

The punters in pre-season are ridiculous.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

What's the punter kicker issue?

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Noticed these too.

The punters in pre-season are ridiculous.

You can re sub your punter in once the 2nd quarter occurs. When you are going to punt, go to formations, and then special teams, right click, select the punter position, remove your kicker and put back in your punter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

The computer doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

I'm convinced Madden is trying to troll me - in CC, the difficulty for All-Pro is NOWHERE near the 'play now' difficulty. AI (when I'm QB) running for 1.5 YPC average, picks galore, ridiculous number of dropped catches.

All-Pro is my usual level, a challenge, whereas All-Pro in CC is just comedy galore.

Is this a known issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

anyone else terrified of punts in this year's game? :confused:

once or twice the ball has hit my return man on the back and bounced off as a fumble.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I was playing a few offline CC games last night, 3 times over 2 games the QB was trying a hand off and tripped over the RB and resulted in me diving on the QB for a big loss

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Punts, I think we need to outlaw the low punt in this version of the game as the AI just doest handle it at all well.

Basically if the punt isn't caught first time there is a good chance that the returner will muff the punt and and cause a turnover - Kyle Williams style.

I always used these punts in Madden 12, as they were great to get extra yards but I think these need to be outlwaed in this version as they seem to take advantage of an AI glitch now.

• Advertisement

Adrian are you talking about just chipping it over the line of scrimmage and having it bounce before it gets to the returner?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

No, just where you have a very low trajectory and it lands behind the returner and bounces on a good bit and when he goes to pick it up he makes a mess of it and if the coverage is up there they can recover the ball.

Basically anything where you kick at the lowest possible angle rather than high into the air.

I'll post a video of what I mean later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Totally agree with Adrian on this. Basically you push the height meter down as low as possible ( forward on the stick ). The ball is kicked like Ronan O'Gara kicking for touch from outside his 22 with a hard low trajectory. If perfected the ball will fly past the returner and out of bounds without any return.

However in this version of Madden the chances of a muff by the returner where the ball stays in bounds seems to have greatly increased. So it has become a cheesy play. Was outlawed in maddenpfl last week.

What happens if you want it to stay inbounds?

I was playing in M12 against someone here (may have been you adrian) where i punted from the 50 and i purposely wanted to force a run from deep, the returner caught it but was hammered and then fumbled.

If you want it to stay inbounds you can still kick it high but the returner will have the option of a fair catch, which he doesn't have if it bounces before he gets to it.

Advertisement