Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryanair launch an iPhone app - suprise surprise, it's not free

2»

Comments

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Just make sure you are not one of the last 20 or so passengers onto the plane.
    Even if all passengers stick to the "little rules" of "one carry on bag per person" there will not be enough overhead spaces to accomodate each passengers bag if the flight is full.
    With the seats so tightly packed in now its very difficult to get your bag under the seat and if you do manage to do it you end up with a very uncomfortable flight.

Weird, last time I was on Ryanair I had a bag that was over their limit and not checked in either direction and was able to get it under my seat with no issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Sleepy wrote: »
    Give me functionality that lets me choose an airport (Dublin), enter my desired departure and return dates and return all flights under x euros that match my search and I'll pay €3 for it.

Don't have to; it's free.

http://www.skyscanner.com/mobile/iphone.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Biodegradable Bellend

seamus wrote: »
    Yeah, €3 for the "privilege" of managing your Ryanair booking from an app rather than from their website, and to book flights.

Anyone got any theories as to what good reason they could possibly have for charging for this app which doesn't actually give you anything other than a nicer interface to their website?

My suspicion is that they will include a feature where you can "print" your boarding card on the phone for a €1 fee (Aer Lingus already do this for free), and about six months after they've released the Android app, they'll start charging a €5 fee for anyone who brings a paper boarding card instead of their phone, claiming that "manual handling" of the paper incurs more cost.

If you need the app It's just €3...not a lot of money. If you don't need it, stop bitchin' and using it as an excuse to piss on Ryanair.
    Lapin wrote: »
    You did well to type all that with one hand.

Because it looks from your post like Michael O'Leary is standing behind you, slowly twisting your other arm in an agonising attempt to force you to download his app before it snaps at the elbow.

Hang in there with your good arm for another 15 minutes and use it to phone Joe Duffy.

He loves listening to people whinging about Ryanair.

Like this a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

seamus wrote: »
    I was going to make the point that they don't charge you to use the website even though they had to pay someone for that, but the Ryanair website looks like a Junior Cert computer science project, so I can't be sure if they did pay someone to make it :p

I used to work for a company that had talks with Ryanair about developing their site. When it came to payment Ryanair thought that the honour of having Ryanair on your client list would more than cover the costs. So they most likely did find someone to do it for free!

Advertisement